or Connect

Posts by ronstark

It doesn't matter what Apple's profit margin is on their watch, nor how much Apple employees regularly get as a product discount. There are two salient facts here; Mr. Cook's email wasn't for employees as much as the general public. He knows the watch sale is a tough one. Why else mention 1000 apps. Think about how many apps that are in your iphone that you don't really use. Imagine having a huge staff with no one wearing an Apple Watch. It's like having a restaurant and...
This article or story is setting the stage for what appears to be an expected "slow start" for the AW. I love, admire, applauded and am delighted with Apple products. I use and rely on them every day. I have at least one of every category of Apple's products. But I honestly cannot see need, at this early time (no watch pun intended) for the AW. As its an extension of the iPhone, requires two hands to operate, presents a passel of phone/watch issues in crowded spaces,...
No, we are specifically addressing the Apple Watch!
Let's be clear. Apple has NOT entered the watch business. No one, Tim Cook said, needs a watch if they have a smart phone. The Apple Watch is this generations' " the Kings new clothes" gimmick!
Well, of course an Apple employee isn't going to grab the watch out of your hand and inform you "time's up!" (Assuming, of course, they were reminded of the time by their Apple watch)   The point I was, and still am, making is that all of this extreme marketing effort and high-brow style on the part of the Apple Watch is a bit thick for the release of a dog-gone watch let along any other VERY expensive accessory.    We see product launches every day and even the...
This getting more rediculous as the product launch unfolds. The iPhone itself doesn't require this type of " personal" marketing. Either you need it or you don't. And if you don't like it can you trade it in for the next ten or so iphones to come? 30 minutes? Imagine buying a car on a time limit in the show room? You all....ALLLLLLLL....would walk away from that. Phooey. How high the hype?
I will toss in my 2 cents for what it's worth; this issue and most surrounding it is a matter of money. Apple has found a way to turn the iPhone and soon the Apple watch in to another type of change box. Funny, for all the potential money that can be coined from apps, in-app purchases and now ApplePay one might imagine Apple would bring down prices on their goods. Sorry, folks. I'm not believing $17,000.00US is economical. And using ApplePay won't lessen the price....on...
This is an odd sort of story indeed. And, it would seem Apple would certainly have a chunk of product all ready to deliver to stores. But the public reaction, if you can call it that, to the aWatch, has been little more than a yawn. Why? The number of watches "sold" in the court of public opinion is in the thousands not millions. Nothing the gear offers is needed. Everything about it is a luxury item. NOTHING about the Apple watch, at the moment, is a...
As it might seem. What fascinates me is how so many of the "systems" or established tech is not included in current and up-coming products.   Two that come to mind immediately are solar power and inductive charging. The battery on both Apple Watch and iPhone would "live long and prosper" if there was a built-in solar cell somewhere in each. Too, a solar cell would, in a power-poor environment, help insure the functionality of the hardware extending battery life,...
My point is/was; a traditional timepiece costing $17,00.00 US would be a lifetime investment in one of the best hand-crafted instruments money can buy. In purchasing an Apple Watch at the same price the longevity of the AW is what, three, maybe, years? Its likely that few people will invest in such an expensive extension to their already-fantastic iPhone. Noting, here, just for conversation sake, that the Watch cannot stand alone as a device of any kind without the...