or Connect

Posts by ThinkKnot

I'm guessing a good number of the iPodTouch sales are in the education market. The iPodTouch is used to teach students how to shoot video, edit, do time-lapse and other things. Using an iPhone would be much too expensive. Also the TouchID would be a waste here as the devices are usually use by a number of different people...unless Apple finally adds multi-user logins. If Apple gives up the education market then they loose the lead-in for future buyers as people tend to...
The article missed out on a biggie for the iPodTouch and WiFi iPad Mini. GPS Apple has always cheated it's users by only offering GPS capability in their more expensive version with the cellular iPads and in all iPhones. So if you want to use offline maps with GPS, stargazing apps that use your position, GPS tagging of images you're out of luck. I'm an ardent Apple user but bought a used Nexus 7 WiFi tablet for a project and it has GPS built-in. Apple sucks in this...
They shouldn't have been granted the patent. Three-Chip cameras have been around for a long time already. The only novel thing is putting it into a smartphone. They would be better off using a Foveon sensor that doesn't need a prism.
I think future iPads and iPhones should have a feature that was in the Newton and in the Palm PDA only to be dropped by most smartphone/tablet manufacturers...bring back the IR transmitter/sensor and make it super powered. Add some hooks into Swift so that you can use your iOS device as the one universal remote control to work with anything that uses an IR remote, the sensor would allow it to learn from your current remote. Tie it into Siri so that you can tell Siri to...
Yes. Adobe refuses to update the RAW import plugins for Photoshop versions that aren't the latest. So even if you don't need the bells & whistles of the latest/greatest PS you'll have to pay if you buy a new camera. So if you buy a Canon 5D Mark IV (or whatever comes out) you could be screwed if you don't own the latest PS or a PS subscription.   Adobe's excuse is that you can convert all your newer RAW camera images to DNG to open in your older version of PS. They used...
I'm a professional photographer. I own an older version of Photoshop (I refuse to buy newer versions as Adobe sucks at RAW plugin support), Apple's Aperture, GIMP and Pixelmator. I do photo editing daily.   I thought Pixelmator could be the answer to a PS replacement but the lack of IPTC caption support is a glaring dealbreaker that many have noted in online forums and in the App Store.   Yes, I've used PhotoMechanic (an excellent app) in conjunction with Pixelmator...
That's actually the back of the case for the iPhone 5C. It's got a 168 hour battery.
This could be part of some yet to be announced settlement in the Apple vs. Samsung case. Maybe Apple will get the chips for a song.
Probably a good excuse to make the argument for a tax holiday for Apple. Showing the govt that they're serious about spending the money back in the USA.
Didn't Atari already have a Lynx and Jaguar product? Maybe they'll drop the cat naming and start something new. Or maybe just drop the names that used to just be codenames anyway.