or Connect

Posts by davidness

I think the fatal flaw was the use of the spoon. I can't think of a reason why the spoon would be necessary for the app to work (indeed, I would think it would make the app less accurate), and it certainly conjures up images of heroin use.
I have been a professional FileMaker developer for over 20 years, and it keeps getting better and better. It runs nearly every aspect of our $10M company's operations. Awesome development system!
I used to operate stores in several malls (not anchors). Rent was ALWAYS based on a base rent AND a percentage of sales,that had to be reported to the mall management, and they had the right to audit my reported sales numbers. This is very common practice.
 Don't forget Kodak & Polaroid.
I've been using ApplePay at Firehouse subs for a while now. So the takeaway is that ApplePay may work at lots of places that haven't necessarily made any announcement.
As stated above, but worth repeating, one of the reasons that the 6plus numbers aren't higher is that the 6plus is MUCH harder to find to purchase. The SUPPLY isn't there.
This might serve as an example of why so much manufacturing is sourced from overseas counties. I wonder how much harder an non-US company would have worked to meet expectations and obligations. Issues of honor, shame, and responsibility.
I'd love to see Waze as an included app. Wave is crowd sourced traffic info app.
I've thought the same thing. Nest Home Surveillance and a Nest Smart Doorbell (answer your door remotely, with video), along with Nest smart power/lighting controllers would be great next steps for Nest. I currently use Axis WiFi home surveillance cameras, and store the video using Vitamin D to my QNAP NAS.
  longterm,   I agree with everything you've written. See you at FileMaker DevCon in San Diego my friend!