or Connect

Posts by davidness

As stated above, but worth repeating, one of the reasons that the 6plus numbers aren't higher is that the 6plus is MUCH harder to find to purchase. The SUPPLY isn't there.
This might serve as an example of why so much manufacturing is sourced from overseas counties. I wonder how much harder an non-US company would have worked to meet expectations and obligations. Issues of honor, shame, and responsibility.
I'd love to see Waze as an included app. Wave is crowd sourced traffic info app.
I've thought the same thing. Nest Home Surveillance and a Nest Smart Doorbell (answer your door remotely, with video), along with Nest smart power/lighting controllers would be great next steps for Nest. I currently use Axis WiFi home surveillance cameras, and store the video using Vitamin D to my QNAP NAS.
  longterm,   I agree with everything you've written. See you at FileMaker DevCon in San Diego my friend!
Truth be told, AAPL started to slide the moment I bought some shares recently. My bad karma has effected you all. Sorry about that.
I'd like to see real progress; like displaying looked-up song lyrics that can be displayed as a song is playing, or an artist bio like is seen in Pandora. Or how about a tour schedule for bands as you play them. And the visualizers could be mush better, perhaps displaying the items I've suggested.Lots of stuff could be added to enhance the iTunes player.   With all the employees and cash that Apple has, it seems they let a lot of stuff languish.
I read The Daily nearly every day.   I too am against Rupert Murdock's agenda, but found The Daily to be reasonably unbiased.   They did many creative things with the format; pictures, animation, animated polls, etc.   The cover chosen for this story is more solicitous than most. Most covers weren't bad.   The application did suffer from some annoying bugs resulting in crashes of the app.   It's too bad that this effort failed, as I'd like to read the...
I've been waiting for quite a while for a new Mac. My major gripe with the new iMacs is that Apple seems to prefer form over function; I suspect that the ultra-thin case is the reason that Apple needed to use slower (and therefore cooler) 5400rpm drives instead of 7200rpm drives. Add a couple of millimeters to the case to improve cooling for friggin' sake if it'll mean better performance! There's a place for form over function, but not as much on a desktop...
Don't SSD's have a problem over time with failures based on number of time data is written to them? Therefore they would be a bad choice for Servers. Maybe they've resovled the problems with SSD's 'wearing out' faster than HDDs...