or Connect

Posts by studentx

How about individual licenses? They should also be $15.
I'm still waiting for Apple's competition to produce a single game-changer! Funny how just about every game changing device has come from Apple in the past 10 years.
I've been having a lot of GPU kernel panics. Hope this fixes it!
You're silly.
 You're confused. Hardness is related scratch resistance not breakage. Breakage can be dealt with through composites.
Sapphire is already known to be more scratch resistant and shatter resistant than glass. What's to know? It's common knowledge. The point is that costs have come down and Apple is seizing that opportunity to bring it to their premium products. Won't see it on a plastic premium phone from Samsung, well, until Apple does it. Oh wait, the finger print sensor hasn't been copied yet and it's covered in Sapphire already.   Guess Samesung has a lot to catch up to.
I was once a rock collector. Sapphire is 9 on the hardness table and only diamond which is a 10 can scratch it; Sapphire is cut with a "diamond coated wire saw."   http://www.technologyreview.com/news/512411/your-next-smartphone-screen-may-be-made-of-sapphire/   I just quoted you and article. Where is your proof? Oh yeah, more proof. You must be one of those people who think the world is 6000 years old.   Sapphire https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapphire   "Along...
Simple. They will not take it into production (to market) unless it offers advantages over the current method. Apple doesn't aim for "specs" they aim for "results". Of course it will also support profit margins.   Not hard for customer to justify paying a premium on a product that has a scratch proof screen (Sapphire can only be scratched by Diamond the next hardest substance) and it highly crack resistant. Remember, this is synthetic Sapphire probably bonded to the...
I'm pretty sure the syntehic sapphire Apple is using is far more scratch and crack resistant. The extra cost is probably more than worth it when it comes to reducing the number of repairs. Apple will have a a real advantage here since these will go on high end phones where they command the market in volume.
I hate of these junk smart watches! 1. I want a smart watches where the display cover the entire from of the watch. 2. I need a compelling reason to buy one. 3. Make phone calls without needing my phone?