or Connect

Posts by DocNo42

I always seem to have problems with iOS updates on the day of release - in th past I was on Comcast, this time on FIOS so I don't think I can blame it on my ISP. I also generally prefer to do the major updates (6 to 7, 7 to 8, etc.) via iTunes. At least you can start the download on iTunes and then keep using your devices. It took over 8 hours for both my iPad and iPhone downloads to complete. The iPhone one took twice that - the first time it failed and I had to...
No kidding. These are $500+ pieces of high tech but I'm always amazed at how frequently I see people casually tossing them around like they are their keys or some other inexpensive possesion. Amazingly enough, I have never had a case on any if my iPhones and amazingly enough I have never broken one - probably because I treat them like th expensive and fragile pieces of technology they are.Having said that, accidents happen. I dropped my iPhone 4s in line earlier this...
Mine is Setting that aside, updates through iTunes are generally faster, more reliable and require less free space on your iOS device. All goo reasons to use iTunes if it's readily available for you.Also if you have more than one of the same device (for those people with pesky family members or friends) it's one download vs. one download per device, nice for the poor souls trapped on metered internet.
Nope - I think the crown is key to the ease of the UIs use. You can't pinch on a watch, and a lot of touch actions don't make sense on a small display like a watch - the crown also provides very precise control - I would love to have something like it on the iPhone.And you can have a water resistant watch with a crown - traditional watches do it all the time.
All you have to do is read this thread to see why
Yes, because gawd forbid someone actually do an actual analysis and figure out the right balance. Instead let's just pick arbitrary numbers out of thin air and argue for/against them.Sheesh. And people wonder why Apple doesn't get into the specifics of the hardware? Here's the case in point.Oy - this thread....
Exactly - it's all about the energy consumption, not Apple being stingy (please!)People barking up the "Apple is cheap/stingy" tree are really just to ignorant to understand how embarrassed they should be in even making that argument!
lol indeed - the cost of the materials isn't the cost at issue. The cost in power (and thus battery life) to refresh RAM is what is at issue.Even if the CPU is sleeping, you have to keep your memory powered up and refreshed - or it looses state. Or are you one of those magical people who have never lost a document due to a power outage?No power, no contents of RAM. The more RAM you add, the more power you suck.Also stop ascribing conventional thinking from desktop PCs...
The original backlit Tivo remote - I would love it if someone made a universal version of that....
In case it hasn't been pointed out already, there is a one handed mode where you double tap (not press) the home button and the top half slides down so you can access it with your thumb. Much slicker than Samsungs "shrink the whole screen down to the lower left corner" solution.