or Connect

Posts by DocNo42

lol - what a comment on our society when having to wait a few weeks is the end of the world. No complaint about the product, capabilities, etc. - just that they couldn't get it in your grubby little mitts in a time frame that pleases you. Unbelievable. Would I rather have mine now than having to wait until the first week in June? Sure. Is it the end of the world? Hardly.
Huh? Google's profits rely on search more and Microsoft relies on Windows/Office more but I rarely see that brought up with them.Worse still neither of them have reinented themselves once but Apple has many times - Apple II to Mac, Mac three times (68k, PPC, x86), Mac to iPod and now to Phone.And don't let the mind boggling success of the iPhone diminish the impressiveness of Apples other revenue streams. Despite "dissapointing" sales the iPad is right in there with the...
I suppose one could buy into the forced upgrade consipricy. Or acknowledge the far more likely explanation that every design decision has a cost and since DRAM requires power to maintain its contents, arbitrarily adding RAM you don't need now to "future proof" would have a negative impact on battery life for the devices entire life.Thankfully Apple doesn't tend to think like that or there would be a lot more stuff banned from the App Store The best question so far in this...
Frame rate? Movies in theaters are 24fps!!We aren't talking video games. Ugh. Right now the worst factor for video quality is contrast (or the utter lack of) and shitty black levels - and that's due to LCDs dominating Compressed 4k - I can't wait/sarcasm
1080p definition? What's that?Look, I like iTunes for some content just fine - but implying a movie off of iTunes is the same as a BlueRay is patently absurd.Yes you can compress stuff, but eventually you are throwing away content/quality to get more and more compression. If you are going to compress the crap out of 4k to get it near todays HD then why bother with 4k? Just to check the 4k box off? How stupid.
About says it all....
Lol - and so it begins. Stupid....
4K, 3D, curved screens - all things that exist more to get you to buy new stuff than provide significantly new value. Churn, baby, churn. So you are going to view 4k on the same crappy LCD technology that's prevelent today? Crappy tech that couldn't show a high contrast black scene if it's life depended on it? People put up with grey goo (and movies with dark scenes look like crap) and the manufacturers are agitating about 4k?!?!?! Ugh. I hope my plasma lasts long...
Why would it ever be bigger? Are people's wrists going to grow suddenly?.Vision? Making batshit crazy stuff up is "vision"?!? As the kids say, you'r doing it wrong...
lol - yes, because it's always better to bank on a possible future sale vs. a confirmed sale today.That people still float ideas like this without the least indication of any shame or embarrassment never ceases to amaze me….