or Connect

Posts by DocNo42

.It's not the OS but physics. Battery tech sucks. It's not a big deal to charge the watch each night. Just like it's not a big deal to charge my phone either - as soon as I get home it goes in the dock right next to the basket my keys and wallet go into where it stays until the next day. It pair with my cordless phone in my home and for everything else I would do on my phone while out and about I have computers or my iPad it now my Apple watch. Best Apple TV remote ever...
Spoken like someone who doesn't own one. Have yet to go below 40%. And that's with the 38mm I bought by mistake. The 42mm I have on order to correct my boneheaded mistake has more battery capacity still.
Yup - but more people actually use apps on iOS so Apple gets more data than Google from mobile users.
Yes - I would have been much happier if Apple and not Google had bought them
Huh? Between blue shift and burn in, with so many drawbacks if it didn't have dramatic differences in efficiency (only power pixels lit up, not filter light through an always on backlight) why would Apple not only pick OLED but change the interface from white focused to black focus to better leverage the inherit power savings of OLED?Unless I'm completely misunderstanding your comment it seems completely nonsensical to me.
Yup. OLED will be a worthy successor to my plasma when my plasma finally dies. At least I hope so. Apple getting into OLED will hopefully kick some of those economies of scale arguments into high gear.Price isn't the only rub with OLED - burn in on it is pretty bad. Fry's in Las Vegas has two of the LG OLED displays on a display (they have been there since CES) and I noticed last month when I was looking at them again they had significant burn in of the LG logos But...
lol - what a comment on our society when having to wait a few weeks is the end of the world. No complaint about the product, capabilities, etc. - just that they couldn't get it in your grubby little mitts in a time frame that pleases you. Unbelievable. Would I rather have mine now than having to wait until the first week in June? Sure. Is it the end of the world? Hardly.
Huh? Google's profits rely on search more and Microsoft relies on Windows/Office more but I rarely see that brought up with them.Worse still neither of them have reinented themselves once but Apple has many times - Apple II to Mac, Mac three times (68k, PPC, x86), Mac to iPod and now to Phone.And don't let the mind boggling success of the iPhone diminish the impressiveness of Apples other revenue streams. Despite "dissapointing" sales the iPad is right in there with the...
I suppose one could buy into the forced upgrade consipricy. Or acknowledge the far more likely explanation that every design decision has a cost and since DRAM requires power to maintain its contents, arbitrarily adding RAM you don't need now to "future proof" would have a negative impact on battery life for the devices entire life.Thankfully Apple doesn't tend to think like that or there would be a lot more stuff banned from the App Store The best question so far in this...
Frame rate? Movies in theaters are 24fps!!We aren't talking video games. Ugh. Right now the worst factor for video quality is contrast (or the utter lack of) and shitty black levels - and that's due to LCDs dominating Compressed 4k - I can't wait/sarcasm