or Connect

Posts by evaness

I saw 3 unaccompanied (by parents) African American kids turned away at the downtown Philly Apple Store by Apple's white rent a cop (PPD, not a security guard). Someone told me Apple does not admit kids unless they're accompanied by a parent or adult guardian. However I see lots of unaccompanied teens at the Apple store in Ardmore, a wealthy Philly suburb. Of course they're almost all white, and likely from wealthy families. These kids were well-behaved and not wearing...
Never mind I got my question answered at an Apple store. I'd delete this but I don't know how and am too lazy to search for instructions
I'm running 10.4.9 on my 1.2 ghz G4--I have no idea why that version; I think it's because that's what the ASU app chose to update to from 10.4.6. I've been having some issues with my (2004 version) Airport Extreme base station and suggestions for addressing these made on another (the Apple Discussions) forum were based on config options available with newer versions of Airport Admin Utility. Mine is version 4.2 and my airport firmware is similarly ancient, 405.1. If I...
A local store has previous gen Ipod classics on sale for $179 for the 80 gig and $269 for the 160gig (as opposed to $249 for the newest generation w/120gigs and $399 for a 32 gig Ipod touch). (Note: I'm afraid to buy this stuff used on Ebay cause people drop these things all the time) As for the diff between latest and next latest gen classics, I found this: Your first question is probably what is the difference between these iPods and the current generation? The...
I was on a website today that suggested viewing it's content with the firefox add-on Piclens. Seems a lot of people like it (except on AI I couldn't find a single thread and only 1 post on it). 1) anyone use it here? 2) is there a version that works with OS 10.3.9?
No, it's not a genocide, but I'd call it ethnic cleansing. You only have to come to NYC (or Detroit) to see all the Palestinians living here, to realize it's not a joke. Just because Israel is sophisticated, and acts like they have all the time in the world to accomplish their goals (and they do in a way, having waited 2000 years) doesn't invalidate the results of their actions.
I didn't see the original thread so I can't comment on its title. But I'm pretty secure in observing that most Americans don't know that many Palestinians refuse to refer to Israelis as "Israelis" (choosing to use "Jews" instead, as opposed to the Muslim and Christian inhabitants of Palestine), as that would subtly acknowledge the reality of the Israeli state (which they often call the "zionist entity"). I don't really see racial hatred here; I see hatred of the occupier....
Apple has this version (I assume it was the previous gen) for sale for $1799: MacBook Pro 15-inch 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo (previous generation) 15.4-inch widescreen display 2GB memory 250GB hard drive 8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW) NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB of GDDR3 memory Built-in iSight Camera Is there a good reason to spend $200 more to get the current version, who's specs sound pretty similar to someone that doesn't know the diff between ...
One of my favorite film lines goes something like, "It's only the freaks and losers in high school that go on to to something creative and interesting with their lives." People who don't follow the crowd are always called weird or crazy. Unless they're somehow in favor with the powers that be, in which case they're called geniuses, or farsighted, or some such BS. (And when they fall out of favor, which they almost inevitably do, they're back to being crazy, or if they're...
Facebook says in its instructions for photo uploads that it doesn't support images altered by 3rd party SW, only original photos straight from the camera. We know this is BS; there's lots of photoshopped stuff in people's photo albums and personal thumbnails. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what it is that causes some stuff to be rejected. I can't seem to find any rhyme or reasons. I'm using Photoshop CS, ver 8. PS Please, no comments about how facebook is...