or Connect

Posts by arlomedia

I didn't realize the voice and the woman in the old photo was Rhiannon Giddens of the Carolina Chocolate Drops. Cool!
 Not really, but that's the only situation I can think of where it might be legitimate to compel another person to change. You seem concerned about defining what is "normal" for other people. Why not just let people live the way they want to live until it becomes a problem for others?
 A kleptomaniac or sadist, by definition, harms others. A person with a physical deformity or disability is likely to want that to be corrected or mitigated. Neither is true for gay people.
 When he starts talking about being gay incessantly, then you can worry about it ... until then I really don't think writing one letter is going to distract him from his work. On the contrary, I assume he decided to clear the air about this issue so it would be less distracting moving forward.
If work/life balance (a.k.a. working fewer hours) were a big priority, you could find better places to work than Apple. But this seems like an interesting option for high-achiever types who want to pursue an opportunity with a top company without sacrificing their eventual family goals. I imagine many of these people will also make great parents when the time is right. BTW I didn't see anything in the article that said Apple was "encouraging" women to take this option. On...
 ...then click the cloud icon in the corner of the album cover image. That worked, thanks!
 To be fair, Cook did say it would take a little longer than five seconds to "get across the whole Internet." I still haven't been able to see or download it, but I'll try later. It's a nice bonus for me since I'm a U2 fan and would have bought the new album.
 It turned out to be the "hands-on display" Cook mentioned at the very end. Photos here: http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/09/09/first-look-hands-on-with-the-all-new-apple-watch
Did I miss what the big white buildings are for? U2's dressing rooms?
For me, the live stream runs for anywhere between five minutes and five seconds before it stops. If I refresh the page, it sometimes restarts, sometimes loads an empty page template with no content and sometimes loads a generic server error page. At least the Asian translation audio is gone now.