or Connect

Posts by arlomedia

Especially since he apologized multiple times.
Since Office 2011 I've noticed that Excel is less smart about updating the ranges of formulas automatically as I add and delete rows. So using the screen shot shown here, I can imagine setting up the total cell with all but the last two budget items, then adding two more budget items and the range for the total doesn't expand automatically to include them. That might explain the $500 error.   Whenever I build an estimate for a client I double-check all the subtotal and...
 You could say that about any individual government program. For example, if I don't want to pay for the war in Afghanistan, my only choice is to give up citizenship. I think unless you want to be a hermit in the woods, that kind of compromise is a fact of life. In this case, I can understand the underlying principle of smaller government, or cutting government programs that help poor people, or whatever. I can't understand the absolute fervor to stop at all costs what...
 I don't see this as an issue of the responsible, hard-working people supporting the lazy half of the population. I work very hard, have no credit card debt, have never been unemployed. I've worked for large companies, founded and managed a small business and am currently self-employed. For the past few years I've been lucky to share a health care plan offered through my wife's employer, but when I had to buy my own insurance, the options were awful. I feel much better...
 It used to swipe in both directions, now it just swipes in one direction. Apparently those of us who noticed the difference were "swiping it wrong" before. 
If the warning appeared the first time I plugged in a cable, good. If it appeared every time, annoying. I used to have that problem with a car charger and a clock radio. Same warning for each device, day after day after day ... okay, I get it! (I did submit feedback to Apple at the time.)
  The difference is that Apple didn't encourage thousands of people to learn a special manufacturing process to make compasses, digital recorders and digital cameras for its store, charge them a fee (admittedly negligible compared to the cost of development) to distribute those products in its store, provide marketing materials to help promote its store, and THEN replace those products with its own.   Overall I'm still fairly positive about developing for the App Store,...
I noticed that as I was reading the iOS 7 highlights ... lots of third-party apps getting stepped on.     That's true, but I imagine a lot of independent developers don't have the time or money to be filing patent applications on their work. You might say that's their problem, but in boasting about the number of apps available on this platform, Apple must realize how many are created by independent, part-time, self-funded developers.   Even apps that don't have patentable...
On first glance it reminds me of the G4 Cube. Oh wait, this is totally different -- it's a cylinder!
  I see two reasons: 1) Software I install on my computer is a product, and a network I connect my computer or phone to is a service. A subscription makes sense for a service. Adobe is trying to turn its products into services by adding features like file storage, but I don't need those features. 2) Any company that suddenly changes its prices or terms is going to anger people. My mobile phone plans have worked roughly the same way since they started (with costs...