or Connect

Posts by arlomedia

Thank goodness. I'm only 1/3 of the way into the lifespan of my current laptop (on average) but I was already worried about what I'd do when it came time for my next one. I wouldn't blink at an extra $50 when I'm buying an essential piece of professional equipment that will last approximately three years. I'm not a fan of that keyboard, either, but the screen is what really had me worried.
Oh, man, this perfectly describes most of the users on most of the online forums I participate in. There's something about this format that lets people discard all courtesy and modesty and just rant. It's great to see someone being taken to task about it. Thanks, tt!
Got it. I thought my Garmin knew which way I was facing, but you're right -- I just tried it and it doesn't figure this out until I start moving.
Maybe this is a dumb question, but what can you do with a compass that you can't do with GPS?
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to switch between Safari 3 and Safari 4 on my computer? When I install a new iLife application, I usually rename the old one to keep it around for a while, and then the new version won't overwrite it. If I rename my current Safari application to "Safari 3" will it still run after installing Safari 4? I'm a web developer and I want to keep the option of testing in the "old" version if possible.
"he felt underappreciated by his board of directors and as a result asked for a sizable stock grant" Was this from the time period that Jobs was receiving a $1/year salary? If so, then I can understand the stock options being pretty important. Although I recall him receiving a Gulfstream jet as a gift from the board at one point. MacAddict ran a funny story about the jet increasing the range of the "reality distortion field" to a 4000 mile radius. Anyway, it still...
You do know that you can "Paste Special > Plain Text," right? I like that better anyway because I'd rather apply my own formatting than carry any Word formatting into HTML.Anyway, I don't have a problem with Office 2008. It's more stable for me than 2004, and the interface is good, by which I mean it stays out of the way and lets me work. Microsoft did not carry their Office 2007 for Windows interface disaster over to the Mac version, thank goodness. I haven't seen any...
I would think that would be the landowner's responsibility, or was at least factored into the deal in some way. (I just bought a house with an old fuel oil tank in the back yard, so I'm dealing with that in a small way myself.)
If the people in this ad are any indication, then it's pretty sad how little the average computer buyer understands about the products they're comparing. "Dude, these are expensive. They're pretty, though. Let's go look at some PCs." If a computer buyer is that shallow, then it's their loss for not giving Macs more consideration. I don't doubt that most people shop by numbers. "That computer has 320 whatsits, and this one has 500, so this one must be better." That...
Although this post makes some great points, I don't think "choices" explains the preference for PC hardware for the majority of buyers. I would venture to say the biggest reason is "stereotypes." I still hear people say things like, "Macs are best for graphic design" or "my company can't afford Macs because they're too expensive" or even "I couldn't open that web page, it must be because I'm on a Mac." That being said, maybe Microsoft is on to something, since the purpose...