or Connect

Posts by arlomedia

I would just be happy to get rid of that "This device is not optimized for this iPhone" message EVERY TIME I connect to the charger in my car or the clock radio in my kitchen. As if I didn't know that by now. Sheesh.
As a person who only edits video a few times a year, but needs a better tool than iMovie, I'm looking at it the other way: I can now get the full "pro" version for just $100 more, where previously it was completely out of my price range. I have run into a couple occasions where I wanted a feature that was only in the pro version ... and it was annoying that most of the online help and tutorials I found were for the pro version ... so this new approach works for me.
I charge my phone by plugging it into my computer, so I get USB syncing for free (that is, no additional effort). But I do know people who have never backed up, never copied music to their phones and never copied photos from their phones back to their computers. It boggles my mind because they're missing out on half of the capabilities of the iPhone. Oh well, my first thought when reading this article is how nice it is that Apple saw the reality of the situation and...
That's what I was thinking. I wouldn't argue that the single words "app" or "container" should be protected, but the combination of words "App Store" and "Container Store," while seemingly just adding one word, do have brand recognition as a phrase. If you say "I'm going to the Container Store to get some file cabinets" many people would assume you mean the Container Store, not just a store that sells containers. That's why we're not hearing about a lawsuit involving the...
Yes. Also have you noticed that when one political party is in power, half of the country is generally content while the other half is outraged that taxes are too high, the government is unresponsive and politicians are corrupt? Then when the other party comes into power, everyone switches places. It seems to me these complaints about overall government effectiveness are really a cover for complaints about specific government policies. It's a good cover, too, because it...
How is this a constitutional issue? Four Senators can't force Apple to remove an app, and they aren't attempting to do so. They are bringing a problem to Apple's attention and requesting that they address it of their own free will. I don't see anything wrong with that. If Apple declines to act, I can imagine these Senators trying some other tactics: 1) publicizing the issue and trying to bring more public pressure to bear, 2) working with police departments to update...
Does this also extend the hardware warranty like AppleCare, or would I still need that too? Because I'm already paying $300 every time I buy a MacBook Pro and I would definitely add $200 to get access to the loaner service (I had to give up my computer for three days earlier this week for a logic board replacement and it was hell!). But if I had to pay $300 for AppleCare plus $500 for this service, that would not be worth it.
Ha ... not sure I would want to try getting into a unibody suit of armor!
Well, I will say that I was attracted by the "super strong" glass when I bought the iPhone 4 -- my first smartphone -- but within a week I had scratched the front by putting it in my pocket with my keys. Now I treat it like "regular" glass and haven't had any problems. I was also attracted by the "10 hour" battery life in my new MacBook Pro, but quickly realized it had approximately the same battery life as the previous model. If I had bought these items specifically...
I didn't know; never even thought about it before. But now that I know, it gives me more appreciation for Apple as a company, which obviously was the point of the article. We're all Apple fans, so why not point out an example of Apple being more progressive or diverse than other similar companies? I'll never understand the "this isn't news, why did you post this" backlash that comes with so many of AppleInsider's stories. If you're not interested, why do you read the...