or Connect

Posts by arlomedia

How is this a constitutional issue? Four Senators can't force Apple to remove an app, and they aren't attempting to do so. They are bringing a problem to Apple's attention and requesting that they address it of their own free will. I don't see anything wrong with that. If Apple declines to act, I can imagine these Senators trying some other tactics: 1) publicizing the issue and trying to bring more public pressure to bear, 2) working with police departments to update...
Does this also extend the hardware warranty like AppleCare, or would I still need that too? Because I'm already paying $300 every time I buy a MacBook Pro and I would definitely add $200 to get access to the loaner service (I had to give up my computer for three days earlier this week for a logic board replacement and it was hell!). But if I had to pay $300 for AppleCare plus $500 for this service, that would not be worth it.
Ha ... not sure I would want to try getting into a unibody suit of armor!
Well, I will say that I was attracted by the "super strong" glass when I bought the iPhone 4 -- my first smartphone -- but within a week I had scratched the front by putting it in my pocket with my keys. Now I treat it like "regular" glass and haven't had any problems. I was also attracted by the "10 hour" battery life in my new MacBook Pro, but quickly realized it had approximately the same battery life as the previous model. If I had bought these items specifically...
I didn't know; never even thought about it before. But now that I know, it gives me more appreciation for Apple as a company, which obviously was the point of the article. We're all Apple fans, so why not point out an example of Apple being more progressive or diverse than other similar companies? I'll never understand the "this isn't news, why did you post this" backlash that comes with so many of AppleInsider's stories. If you're not interested, why do you read the...
I hope the tethering option becomes more competitive. I don't watch movies on my phone and wouldn't with a tethered laptop ... in fact I'm perfectly happy with AT&T's 200MB data plan. But I do want to connect my laptop to my iPhone to write email and do some programming with a full screen and keyboard. For me to upgrade to tethering now would cost, what, $45? $20 for the data plan upgrade and $25 for tethering? Not worth it...
Cool. I've had plenty of problems with Apple hardware over the years, but I've rarely bought PCs so I didn't really know how that compared. It's nice to know that, statistically speaking, I've had less trouble than I would have if I'd invested in the Windows platform.
Actually, rock in the early '60's was dying out -- with Chuck Berry in jail, Elvis in the Army and Jerry Lee Lewis in scandal -- and the Beatles completely revitalized it. Over an eight year period they were pioneers in...- Performers writing their own songs- Songs with more than three chords- Songs more than three minutes long- Multi-track recording- "Studio only" projects- Independent record labels...without which it's hard to imagine rock and roll existing today.I'd say...
That was my thought, too. Last time I visited a T-Mobile store the employees didn't try to hide the fact that iPhones worked on their network.
The story here for me is that there are 41 Americans who have more than $6.1 billion. Whew!