or Connect

Posts by arlomedia

Yes! I'm a new iPhone user with the iPhone 4, and this device has made so many other things redundant that two remaining things suddenly seem old fashioned: keys and wallet. I'd love to be able to walk to the coffeeshop and use the iPhone to lock the door behind me and pay for my drink when I get there. Very cool. I'm considering something like this in the meantime: http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-4-Ca...Card-Cases.asp
I saw the Dove ad shortly after iAds came out, clicked it, and couldn't tell what the heck was going on. It was like one of those bad CD-ROMs from the 90's where you couldn't tell what the navigation was. I stumbled around for about a minute, then closed it and haven't opened an iAd since then. But I guess if I see one of those Leaf ads, I'll try to win the free car!
Just what I was thinking. Seems like a duplication of resources to have a separate unit gathering the same news for a different format. In fact the format's only significantly different if you compare it to print -- compared to a desktop web browser it's a nice upgrade but pretty much the same.
Those glass panels are supposed to be harder than steel or something, but mine already has two (small) scratches on the front. I'm guessing that came from going into the same pocket as my keys, since the phone hasn't had any more abuse than that. Anyone else experience this? I would have been more careful if it weren't for the hoopla about that special glass.
One problem on an otherwise awesome product does not make it a Vista. If it took 30 seconds for the home screen to come up, then I'd accept the comparison.
I had the same thought. These ads are aimed at men, who are all using the phone to look at their cute girlfriends, daughters or wives (in three out of the four ads someone said "you're beautiful" or "you're cute" explicitly). But this has still got to have more appeal to women than those Droid ads that seem to be targeted solely at 24-year old gamers.
P.S. The iPod touch was definitely the "gateway drug" to the iPhone for me. I resisted increasing my monthly cell phone bill for a long time, but after getting to like this "pocket computer" and then seeing AT&T cut their data prices in half, the time was right.
Exactly. I've had three or four different iPods over the years, but I finally ditched my touch for an iPhone 4 and I love it. This is my iPod now, and it has a phone, camera and GPS, too. If people were leaving their iPods for Zunes (do they still make those?) or for some new technology that made MP3 players obsolete, that would be one thing. But if people are upgrading to a more expensive Apple device that happens to have a different name ... what's the problem?
I've experienced that from my clients, too. With the iPhone 4, do we have more dropped calls, or are the dropped calls just more noticeable because the antenna design is so different? I haven't seen a controlled test but someone must be working on that.In any case, I hope the software revision at least makes it more clear what's happening. I found a spot in my house last night where bridging the two metal bands with the lightest touch of one finger made the bars drop from...
Exactly ... we've all laughed about Steve's famously terse e-mails before, but now everyone is offended by this one. Also, Steve never used the word "wrong," which seems to be what's really triggering people.As for their "silence" or "denial" of the issue ... it has been one week. I expect them to deal with this quickly, but everyone seems to expect an instantaneous reaction and that's just not realistic for a multi-billion dollar, multi-national corporation!