or Connect

Posts by arlomedia

Yes, I do 99.99% of my photo viewing on my computer screen, so lots of megapixels aren't helpful. I'm still using a 3MP Kodak camera and I've set the preferences to use even fewer pixels than that. My iPhoto library is something like 20GB (including the iPod photo cache) so it's nice to keep the file sizes low. Does anyone know if I'll be able to set the iPhone 4 to capture fewer than 5MP? (According to the latest in a series of contradictory conversations with AT&T, I...
I don't think money will be deducted until the order ships (at least not with a credit card, debit cards might be different). Unfortunately I didn't think to write down my confirmation number. Argh... Well, I finally got a helpful agent who was able to confirm that my order did -not- go through. She also explained that pre-orders were suspended because AT&T reached the point where they couldn't honor the promised ship date for all the orders. She didn't know when I'd be...
Agreed. In order of preference: 1) Take my order now, even if the ship date is delayed. 2) Don't take my order now, but tell me how and when I can place it in the future. 3) Waste my time with a lot of website problems, then make it impossible to confirm whether or not my order was received (my current situation).
Actually, the situation at hand is that I wasted a couple hours yesterday getting halfway into an order and then erroring out. I'd much rather be told the product is unavailable and given a date when I can order it, than waste my time in a futile effort. I'm currently on hold with AT&T trying to figure out whether I even have an order in or not. I've been through the phone tree several times and just got transferred from a guy who was simply not able to wrap his head...
This is one more reason to offer the iPhone on multiple carriers. The ordering process might not have melted down yesterday if the processing could have been distributed across a few different systems. After many timeouts and error messages, I upgraded my wife's iPhone and ordered a new one for myself. But I didn't receive email receipts for either, and I can't look up the order status for the new order. I tried to call AT&T website support and couldn't get a call...
I've been trying to upgrade my wife's iPhone and add a line for a new phone for myself via the att.com website periodically for the last four hours with no luck. I've never gotten more than 1-2 pages in before getting some kind of error message. Oh well, remember when people thought you were crazy to buy Apple products? Now the demand is so high it's hard to get one.
Thanks for posting this. I need to upgrade my wife's iPhone, convert to a family plan so I can add a new one for myself, and port my existing number to that line. I feel like there will be the least chance to mess something up if I do this with an AT&T rep.
Heh. Well, the beauty of the iPod concept, to me, is that I don't have to plan in advance what I want to listen to. I used to select a dozen CDs to take with me. Now I just take the iPod, and everything is there. If I see a sign beside the road that reminds me of a song I used to like, I dial it up and listen. Even if I'm just working in the back yard, and a Beatles song pops into my head and I want to hear the album it came from, I don't want to go inside, fiddle with my...
On my last trip I took an iPod, cell phone, GPS and digital camera and finally realized, this is silly. So I was ready to replace all these devices with the new iPhone announced today. Unfortunately, the maximum storage staying at 32GB throws a wrench in my plans. I held off buying an iPod touch for several release cycles until its storage finally went up to 64GB. Now I don't want to do the same thing with the iPhone. But I also don't want to carry both an iPhone and an...
I don't use gmail. I do use Google Analytics, but the moment I'm done using it, I log out. This keeps my search activity anonymous. I'm comfortable with this tradeoff. (But I do know a lot of people who remain logged into gmail 24/7, providing Google lots of good, personalized data.)