or Connect

Posts by arlomedia

Exactly ... we've all laughed about Steve's famously terse e-mails before, but now everyone is offended by this one. Also, Steve never used the word "wrong," which seems to be what's really triggering people.As for their "silence" or "denial" of the issue ... it has been one week. I expect them to deal with this quickly, but everyone seems to expect an instantaneous reaction and that's just not realistic for a multi-billion dollar, multi-national corporation!
Understood, but you don't have to port the number right away. I still have my old number on my T-Mobile phone, and a new (temporary) number on the new iPhone. When I'm comfortable with the new service, I can port my old number over and cancel the T-Mobile account. It may even be possible to port the number right away, but keep the old account open, in which case the number could be ported back again if the new phone doesn't work out. I did that once before, but I would...
You want Apple to pay your Verizon early termination fee? Sorry, this seems weird to me. You chose to break that contract. Also, you could have tested your iPhone for a few days before canceling your previous contract ... that's what I'm doing now, before saying goodbye to T-Mobile.
Agreed. I don't know how the other carriers handle it, but AT&T has a 30-day grace period on all phones. Since the iPhone 4 has been out for less than a week, every U.S. owner is still eligible to return theirs. FWIW, we have two in my household now (mine arrived yesterday!) and neither is affected by hand placement as far as I can tell.
I think some of you who are feeling offended by this "wrong" accusation should remember that that's AppleInsider's choice of words, not Apple's. Apple has never said you are "holding your phone wrong." Here's what they said: "Avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band." I don't know if AppleInsider was careless or if they're trying to stir the pot, but their headline should have been something like "Apple...
Ditto, no change for me regardless of how I hold the phone. I have four bars to start with, but others posting here say they see a drop "from five to zero" bars. I'm also failing to see how this is a conspiracy against left-handed people. Whether I hold the phone in my right or left hand, my fingers end up wrapping around and "connecting" all three parts of the outer case anyway. This would make more sense if the claim is that the hand blocks the antenna signal, because...
Serial number 1000000? I pre-ordered one for myself (32GB) and one for my wife (16GB) on the same day last week. Hers is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, while mine hasn't shipped yet. So there will be some jealousy around here for a while. Actually, I was looking forward to activating both and then trying out FaceTime...
Yes, I do 99.99% of my photo viewing on my computer screen, so lots of megapixels aren't helpful. I'm still using a 3MP Kodak camera and I've set the preferences to use even fewer pixels than that. My iPhoto library is something like 20GB (including the iPod photo cache) so it's nice to keep the file sizes low. Does anyone know if I'll be able to set the iPhone 4 to capture fewer than 5MP? (According to the latest in a series of contradictory conversations with AT&T, I...
I don't think money will be deducted until the order ships (at least not with a credit card, debit cards might be different). Unfortunately I didn't think to write down my confirmation number. Argh... Well, I finally got a helpful agent who was able to confirm that my order did -not- go through. She also explained that pre-orders were suspended because AT&T reached the point where they couldn't honor the promised ship date for all the orders. She didn't know when I'd be...
Agreed. In order of preference: 1) Take my order now, even if the ship date is delayed. 2) Don't take my order now, but tell me how and when I can place it in the future. 3) Waste my time with a lot of website problems, then make it impossible to confirm whether or not my order was received (my current situation).