or Connect

Posts by NormM

The next iPads will have NFC, and so be perfect for use as Apple Pay registers.  The new iPhones could also accept payments, with the right software.
I think it would have made more sense to swipe down over the touch ID button to slide the display down.  Maybe they were worried that people might swipe accidentally and not know how to get the display back!  But as long as the next thing you touch always returns things to normal, there isn't really a problem.
It seems to me the idea would be something like the following.   Present authorization of a transaction takes one round trip: credit card info and amount are sent to the card issuer, and an authorization is returned if the transaction is approved.  This has the problem that all the information needed to perform another transaction is exposed to the merchant's hardware, and is visible on the wire.   If we'd like to make a secure transaction just as fast, we'd like to do...
I think displaying the most recent carrier with no SIM is expected behavior, and the leaker presumably wouldn't want the unit's serial number to show, as that might allow the source of the iPhone to be identified.
Looks like Gruber was right about the display resolution.  The icons seem to be the same size on both 5s and 6 displays, so probably still 326 pixels per inch, exactly as before, making the overall 4.7" display 1334x750.  
 The high-value jobs resulting from Apple products involve content production (apps and media) and use (new ways to work and play).  The number of manufacturing jobs is tiny in comparison, and they pay much less.  It would certainly be a net negative in job creation if manufacturing was made less efficient, making the products more expensive.
The people doing this may not even know what the new screen sizes are for sure. This is just reserving a place in line, plus a survey about screen size preferences.
Tablets had been on sale for a decade before Steve sat down with the iPad. And of course music players were old news when the iPod debuted.  Apple isn't worried about others coming out with smart watches first.  They just want to make sure whatever they come out with is good.
Figures 18 and 19 in the patent are interesting, because they show structures at the base of the "tongue" in the middle of the connector that let it deflect all the way to the top or bottom of the housing, as needed.  And they do this spreading the stress appropriately, so the connector can last a long time.  The only drawback that I see is that it's confusing to have some USB connectors that you need to carefully orient, and some that look pretty much the same that you...
Considering the  size and shape of the displays we've seen leaked, I would guess the new 4.7" iPhone will be about 1/4" wider and 1/2" taller than the existing iPhone 5s.  Not so gigantic.  And it's probably not much heavier than the 4" models, which are pretty light (100gms).