or Connect

Posts by NormM

I thought the biography was pretty bad. It was mainly human interest gossip about an eccentric fellow, when the real story should have been the passion, insight and abilities that let Jobs accomplish so much. Kind of like a book about music by someone who is tone deaf. I hope the script is only loosely based on this book.
This means no publicly announced plans. A bug report is not going to tell you what Tim Cook and the other Apple executives are thinking. We saw a previous report that Apple has tested Siri on older devices, and the comments there were, "Isn't it great that they've decided to put this on older devices?" Whatever they have in mind, they would probably start with Siri only on the newest devices while they road test it. This bug report response doesn't tell us anything...
Two seven inch displays in the CNET article.
I had MobileMe with a different ID than my iTunes account. I also had a non-email address for my iTunes apple-ID, which is no longer allowed. And I made the transition to iCloud on the first day, while the servers were mostly non-responsive. All of this resulted in me ending up with two iCloud accounts (one associated with my former MobileMe account), and after manually messing with settings in both I had duplicated entries in my address book, calendars turned on in...
This doesn't make sense.
He handled his leaves and his resignation gracefully, trying hard to do the best thing for the company he loved. He hung on as CEO until a month before his death, just long enough to see his company become the most valuable in the world. He probably also helped Tim Cook prepare for his first public appearance as CEO -- there seemed to be some Steve in his performance. I'll bet he participated in design and strategic decisions until just about his last day. He...
Apple's domination is a threat to movie distributors, but not to the industry. Apple gets rid of the middle men, who are unnecessary in Internet distribution. In music, this has meant that artists can distribute their works directly on iTunes, without signing with a record company. They only need to pay middle men who actually add value. For other media, such as books and magazines, Apple has insisted that they get a cut if it's distributed through iOS. This is very...
If Sprint really wants to do something to attract customers they should allow customers to use GSM with other carrier's SIM cards! As long as you're paying for Sprint coverage you should be able to avoid all national and international roaming charges by buying a prepaid SIM card. This would be very attractive to customers who travel a lot. According to the Verizon website, to roam on an international GSM network with a Verizon iPhone 4S you have to pay high roaming...
Apple doesn't release half-finished features, they leave them out. Like cut and paste. And like the missing features of Final Cut Pro X.
In case you worry about dunking it, the iPad fits perfectly into a gallon size zip-lock bag, and the interface is not impeded by the plastic. Try doing that with a laptop!