or Connect

Posts by NormM

If this is iOS versus Android operating system share, why aren't we counting tablets also?  In which case iOS is already well ahead of all Android devices combined, in the US.   From the point of view of developers and market share for iOS, it doesn't make sense to exclude tablets.
The comments on YouTube were funnier than the ad.  Almost all negative.  My favorite was, "Nice spot. I want to buy a goat."  I also liked, "I was waiting for M$ Surface popping keyboard action."
According to asymco.com at the time of the article you cite Apple was actually making 72% of the profits in the cellphone industry and (if you include iPads as PCs) 45% of the profits in the entire PC hardware industry.  It's possible that Apple may have a soft quarter just before introducing a new handset -- since it always has in the past -- but the trend is clear.  Two years ago, Apple only made 66% of the profits in the cellphone industry.
iOS 7 also has the "activation lock" feature, which can be enabled from iCloud.  Then even if a device is wiped by a thief and restored to factory state, it can't be reactivated on any cell network without typing in your iCloud password.  This is supposed to make stolen iPhones almost worthless.
As far as patents go, this seems pretty innocuous. Apple did this in a particular way, and there are many good alternatives: no one else needs to do it in exactly the same way. If they do, they're just copying Apple's painting and signing their own name.
No ads if you subscribe to iTunes Match, which is well worth it on it's own!
I think the doubters have gotten worse. Part of it is that Steve Jobs was so much the face of Apple that it's easy to keep pointing out that he's still dead. Part of it is that Apple is now the most profitable company in the world, and so all their competitors (and their competitor's paid shills) are talking themselves up and Apple down. Part of it is that Apple stock is worth so much that there are enormous fortunes to be made by scaring investors -- to the point that...
I use the AirVideo app on my iPhone and iPad, together with AirPlay to achieve the same effect far more conveniently and without hacking. If you want to run things directly from your laptop you could use AirParrot instead.
Could you please stop reporting smart phone sales and just report phone sales?  Did Samsung sell more phones, or did it just replace a bunch of cheap "feature" phone sales with cheap "smart" phone sales? Is the rapid trend in the world towards smartphones helping or hurting Samsung's overall phone sales in China?
This isn't the Stuart Hughes iPad, this is from Gold and Company. Here's the description of their iPad from their website:The 24-carat Gold Plated iPad is the ultimate in luxury accessories so it’s only natural that we wanted it to be paired with Burj Al Arab, the world’s finest hotel. The symmetry is obvious: Both the Gold Plated iPad and the hotel are unique in terms of quality, mystique and dare we say: Decadence. Quite simply, there is no hotel in the world like the...