or Connect

Posts by libertyforall

I am getting pretty tired of seeing shell "channels" with zero content until you pass a login or paywall.  At least provide SOME content at no charge like a FULL previous event, some sample videos, SOMETHING!
Looks like here's the real reason Nokia Here pulled out of iOS: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57619273-94/nokias-here-maps-to-expand-to-all-windows-8.1-devices/
It is GREAT to see Apple providing updates the the 3GS still!  How about a Safari update for it as well, along with the QuickTime foundation/iTunes/Music Player?  Traditionally Apple has provided these sorts of updates for OS X for years after major new versions have been released...  
Wonder when we will see 10 Gigabit Ethernet in a Mac...
Have yet to find the need for Thunderbolt for much of anything yet, my guess is that need comes to light quickly when 2160P (4K) and 4320P (8K) video becomes more mainstream...
What we really need is more competition in devices connected to cable -- it needs to become more like cellular is with many different companies, operating systems and devices with various features. This will be mature when you can have a device like Apple TV be a complete replacement for a cable company provided set top box. A precursor to making this all happen efficiently is a wholesale transition to all IP by the cable companies... Cable companies, much like cellular...
So can I finally get a button in Messages to take a still image from my Mac camera and send it or select one from iPhoto or my filesystem like in iOS (of course iOS only allows your Camera Roll...)???  Why do I first have to go into Photo Booth to get a new still?!  Tired of the lack of feature parity between iOS & OS X!  I thought Macs were supposed to make things easier and faster?!  
Comcast is not really known as an innovator... Do they have a fiber transition plan ala FIOS or Google Fiber?
Who cares IDC -- people who want cheap iPhones can go on ebay or Craigslist and buy a used one...