or Connect

Posts by old-wiz

this will only mean higher prices and more hidden fees. There has never been a huge merger like this that has been good for consumers. The merger will definitely go through though since AT&T owns enough members of Congress and the regulatory agencies to make sure it is approved.
does the personalized setup cost? $50?
who work on Symbian? How long before they are all out of work?
inside Microsoft is probably getting punished for it.
I was sure that the iPhone would be crippled by Verizon crapware and junk. Maybe I will consider it. Every Verizon phone I've used has been crippled by Verizon and it would be nice to see a change, especially not having to be limited by vCast.
If the App developers get enough money from the ads and give Apple a cut, Apple will ignore the privacy violations. Money is far more important than privacy.
that money ALWAYS overrides any user privacy. App developers (and Apple?) get a cut from advertising revenues, so there is a huge incentive to reveal users private data or any data they can get their hands on. "privacy policy" is probably ignored by apps, and Apple probably either doesn't care or can't find all of the misbehaving apps. Next thing you know they will manage to find your credit card info and start sending you stuff you never ordered. Maybe someone...
A overall iPod block for all in-app purchases would be an excellent idea. Sadly it won't happen.
in-app purchases are the next big scam to steal money from people. You have to trust the developer to follow the rules, which is about like trusting a fox to guard the chicken house.
tend to be way overpriced (like Apple), but unlike Apple products, Sony products tend to be crap. They break down, don't work well, and getting service is all but impossible. Years ago Sony produced quality products, but now i wouldn't buy anything made by Sony.