or Connect

Posts by old-wiz

Wonder if the people monitoring the security cameras use them as an opportunity to look down cleavage? Or do they report people who pick their noses while working?
Verizon wants control of the device, and Apple doesn't want to give up control. Verizon is terrified of becoming nothing more than simply a carrier; they want their own app store, own apps, limits on the phones, etc.
from adding more code to check for non-apple hardware and refuse to run. The people buying the stuff should know they will get no support from apple.
I would think Apple would want to demand that there be a full trial for damages that would totally gut Psystar. It sounds like nothing is going to happen to Psystar and they will be able to continue what they are doing now. They have no money they say, so they can't pay damages. There seems to be nothing to stop Psystar from continuing their business. Apple has spent lots of money on attorneys, and I would think they want something to show for it.
Really? OSx is open source? I think not.
I can't picture Verizon allowing the app store to download new apps unless Verizon gets to veto any app they don't like. This would be hideous for developers; you'd not only have to convince Apple, but you'd have to convince Verizon as well. Can't see it happening.
I worry about buying an e-book on the Kindle and then having Amazon delete it due to some internal mixup or new DRM rule. If I buy a physical book from anywhere, it's pretty hard for them to come into my house and remove the book. I'll stick to physical books.
Not sure I see the point in a thinner iMac. It's hard enough to keep it cool as it is now and if they want to put more powerful processors and GPUs inside, how will they keep it cool?
All companies tend to treat their employees like crap. They know perfectly well that they can always hire more since people really need money to survive. If the recession ever lifts, then companies will treat employees better. Of course they could do better treating their employees better, but corporations only see bottom lines.
They just updated the Burlington Mass store recently, they were closed for 2 weeks. What changed: Genius bar relocated, and is smaller. (are they trying to discourage people?) Most of space for selling accesories such as iPod cases gone. Cashier space gone. Training area gone. New area for 1 on 1 training in what used to be accessories and cashier. Don't know if they are eliminating workshops or not; I used to like them, it was a good way to learn something new....