or Connect

Posts by old-wiz

They filed it in California? Not East Texas? I thought all of these lawsuits were filed in East Texas where the judges and juries are sooo friendly to patent lawsuits.
An honest judge?  Oh my!  I didn't realize there were any left.  Even the SCOTUS judges rule on cases where they have a conflict of interest.
Having trouble imagining a 27" retina screen. If they are having trouble making enough 13" retina screens, how bad will it be for 27"? However I'd hate to see them making it thinner and losing functionality in the process. Thinner is fine, but not if it means integrated graphics only for example.
This does not bode well for a retina 27 inch iMac.
Why do you need colors on a phone?
Lots of people in the U.S. would love to have work weeks not exceeding 60 hours.
East Texas is the best place in the world for patent trolls; all you need to be successful is to promise the judge/jury money. I often wonder how much the judges and juries make from the patent troll lawsuits. Do the judges/juries get a percentage of the award or a flat fee?
And Amazon can inspect the phone and say it "has lots of scratches" and cut the value by $100 or more. I wouldn't trust Amazon.
So the FBI is engaged in illegal snooping?  Doesn't everyone know they do?  The federal spooks (FBI,TSA,CIA, etc) pay little attention to either laws or the Constitution; they do as they d**n well please. The Gestapo and the NKVD would have loved all the snooping equipment and technology that the federal spooks have.
Wouldn't it be great if the jury decided both companies were jerks and award 100,000 to each and tell them to go away and shut up.   Strange they are suing each other considering Samsung is investing on expanding a plant to make chips for iPhones