or Connect

Posts by Sky King

To tell the truth, there are too many conflicting stories about this for most of us to get the complete picture.  On the other hand if the government wants to regulate it (whatever "it" may be) I strongly suspect that the ones who suffer will be the people of the United States.  Do we really need an increase in regulation?  Or would it be better to let the market regulate itself and, if it does a bad job, would it not fail of it's own accord?   Government desires to...
Does anyone happen to know if SQUARE will retain the option to punch in the credit card manually?     For the people who only need it for a few transactions each year it would sure be nice if they retain this option.
It just gets worse and worse (the UI that is).  No Ive does not sit at a computer terminal designing UI.  But he gives overall direction to UI and that is a progressive disaster for the ordinary user.
I agree.  The entire company is focused on lots of things except the main thing, which to me means stabilizing all the little quirks in Yosemite and IOS that happen now and then but most people write off because they are neither consistent or predictable.  If Mr Ive wants to change the way everything looks (even though it is not my preference and makes it more difficult with my less than perfect eyesight) fine.  But let's get back to the old standards which made Mac my...
Other than to satisfy the massive ego of Mr Ive I am having a really difficult time trying to figure out why Yosemite even exists as an update.  I would be satisfied if major updates only happened every two or three years.
I agree with the concept that Mr. Ive has too much power, regardless of who gave him the power.  He has misused his position to force his minimalist design concepts on the entire UI experience.  Bad idea.   Contrast and color exist in nature and make our lives easier.  The same concept should be applied to software and user interface.  The bland, colorless, no-contrast, thin lined world preferred by Mr Ive really makes the user experience a giant pain as virtually...
Getting an email each time I access the cloud is kind of cumbersome in that it clutters up already too full email accounts.  If two factor authentication can get rid of the emails then that is a better solution.
"Start with the customer experience, work backward to the technology." (Said Whit Falcon) I agree. Too bad Mr Ive does not agree.
AMEN TO THAT!  Intuitive to the end user far and away trumps "cute to look at."  IOS-7 and Mavericks have both gone down the wrong rabbit trail.
Sure would be cool if Apple could contract with WeatherUnderground Classic (not the mobile app). no matter what you are looking for it's by far the best content and has the greatest accuracy. In fact it is more comprehensive and accurate than the weather that FAA provides to airlines.