or Connect

Posts by Sky King

Well said.  I agree that the design of the hardware is beautiful.  But if I have to put up with ugly hardware in order to get really usable and reliable software I would choose the software all the time.  And I believe that your concern is completely justified.  The best thing a new CEO can do when assuming command of a well running company is NOTHING, at least for a long, long time,
Now that was well said.  I think you r analysis is spot on.
My My.  this fellow known as Tallest Skil seems to have little to say except that he persistently and consistently disagrees with anyone who writes unfavorably about IOS-7 or Mavericks.  Further, his vocabulary seems a little limited.  "Shut up," is hardly a helpful comment.  I wonder, Tallest, can you accept the concept that not everyone likes whatever it is that you like about IOS-7 and Mavericks?  Can you accept the idea that a good number of long time Apple users are...
If yo look at all the other stuff Mr Ive has designed you would have to be a truly weird person to put any of it in your living room.  So far all I can detect in IOS-7 (and increasingly in Mavericks) is design changes to accommodate the tastes of a man who would like to live in a modern office lobby instead of a home.  But at least the system is far less reliable than the predecessors.   Yes.  The vision of one man normally makes a company great.  Ands the reverse is...
If Cook were yup to the job he would not have given Mr. Ive all the power to basically make almost everything more difficult to use.  But, even though that is true, at least IOS-7 is unreliable and full of intermittant surprises.
C'mon.  It's all part of journalism.  The Constitution guarantees the right of a free press but is cannot guarantee that the free press will be accurate in it's reporting, balanced in it's viewpoints or that it will maintain a modicum of integrity.  Especially in today/s world where almost 100% of the media is controlled by only five business entities.  The major news companies are interested in only two things.  First they want to make as much money as possible.  That...
Unfortunately The Rev Jesse Jackson is not actually interested in racial equality.  He is interested in keeping black people aroused, and subservient in order to gain power for himself.  Pretty much the same for many of today's black leaders.  We really did have a big problem with racial equality many years ago.  Today we still have a problem in some areas but things improve daily.  If the Rev. Jesse would actually LEAD black people, tell them to work hard, have faith in...
Oh get real.  Anything at all that distracts attention from the primary task of driving and navigating is potentially hazardous.  Maybe the next step will be to not allow any conversation with passengers.
They were all advanced design for their times.  The fact that none were ever produced clearly demonstrates that the design, while it may be dazzling or attractive, needs to be subservient to the function.  The same could be said for Mr. Ive's design work.  Eye-catching but not user friendly.  True, Apple phones, pads, and laptops look nice.  But, if given a choice, I can accept a clunky exterior design in favor of stuff that works internally.  I do not purchase my devices...
"Apple's next free iOS 7 update for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users will fix bugs and enhance a variety of user interface elements"   I wonder if this means that they will start making improvements to the UI which, of course, means putting color, spacing, contrast and definition back.  Probably not though.  And I wonder when they will start working on the odd things about IOS-7 which have simply never worked reliably like the ability to find and sort things in...