or Connect

Posts by Capnbob

BTW - I think this is RIM's Q1 2013 results, not 2012. That year was over, early.   FY13 is the only way they see 2013 at this rate. They have 3 more quarters until BB10 makes any impact. Can they even make that?
Nice deflection of the key point which is not that his mum didn't like her Android but that VZ actively pushes people away from the iPhone because it is more expensive for them to acquire (subsidy is $100-200 more) and nets not much more revenue than a cheaper Android sale. Thus the OPs point stands. His mum not liking Android was just gravy... ;-)
Unless you bring facts into it. Last quarter carrier activation numbers (their sales plus Apple Store, etc.) clearly showed that Apple sold more devices in the US than all Androids combined (73% of all new smartphones at AT&T, 53% at VZ and >50% at Sprint). Unless T-Mobile and the tiny local carriers somehow can somehow reverse that trend (highly unlikely). What is apparent is that the iPhone 4S sells multiples of the next phone down the list. This will decline as we get...
Isn't the key issue the fact that it (and all WP7.x devices) is orphaned from the WP8 native code base. Anyone coding natively for WP8 won't be able to run their apps on WP7.X phones like the L900.
You'd better hurry up then...
How dare you use facts to dispute the wild-ass rantings of an internet muppet... For shame sir, for shame!!   (Nice little find BTW).
I agree on Huberty's record, though it appears to be improving as she realizes betting against Apple is a fool's game.   However, I believe that the glib statement is essentially true. The overall tablet market is about 60% iPads, 20% color e-Readers (Kindle Fire/Nook Tablet, etc.), 10% Craplets, 10% iPad equivalent Android (G-Tabs, XyBoards, Transformers). That market is undoubtedly an iPad market if you deduct the e-Readers (which anyone should). I would also deduct...
+1 Massively. I too exchanged a MacBook (2008) for a Mac Mini (2010) and an iPad2/iPhone4S. I expect to change iPads every 2 years and iPhones every year - got burned using a 3GS instead of a 4 for 15 months. I have 2 mini's (1 is an HTPC) and don't see changing them until the old one (2006 1.83 CD) dies.   To be fair, I have a work Thinkpad T420 i5 to do my work on which sometime covers personal tasks but if I didn't need it for work, I wouldn't miss it.
It is interesting that MS is (again) in a cannibalization/divisional battle situation. Office is now a bigger revenue and profit maker than Windows per last couple of quarters. For the Office unit, it wants to maximize revenue/profit so put it on the obvious tablet market leader. Also, the free Office on WinRT must really chap their asses - they get bugger all revenue off the new platform and it will be hard for them to ever do so. Even if it was a $15-25 license fee it...
  I believe the number but you are not comparing Apples to Apples (sic)... Apple has never released the carrier pre-order number. The 1M consumer preorders and 4M sales in the first weekend are completely different numbers to this one. If Apple did release an equivalent number then it would probably be 25M (about 2 months production) as the 9M is for the GS3 (ramping up to 5M per month production). Carriers knew the 4S would fly off the shelves and ordered accordingly......