or Connect

Posts by Capnbob

Fair point but learn what "ignoble" means - the opposite of what you think.
Your business acumen is simply stunning! What you and the other (some derogatory term that will be used to degrade my point ;-)) posters fail to comprehend is that your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It is worth next to nothing to anyone else and especially Apple. The implied belief that "you know what is best for Apple and if only someone would give you a break, you'd do a much better job than those idiots in Cupertino" is laughable. You think that Apple did not do...
Don't worry, your man Jim will soon start his new show "SAD (& pathetic) MONEY with Jim Cramer. Get over it. On the non-whining, non-partisan, other hand, Cramer knew exactly what he was in for as did anyone familiar with Stewart. He took his licks as a good scapegoat should. He knows, like anyone in public life, that when overall public sentiment is against you, which for Cramer it most certainly is, contrition is the only way to go. Had he really tried to fight back he...
LO-Freakin'-L - a hentai reference on AI - I've seen it all
You keep that rant in an MS Notepad file and cut and paste or do you recite it from memory? How many times do people have to say... history is not a good predictor of the present or future... iPhone/iPod/Mac are not overpriced in their market compared to relevant competitors, offer a superior user experience (sorry, the stats bear it out) and keep sufficient innovation coming. Licensing an OS for phones is not the answer as a business - it isn't making MS much money, it...
HDCP support is not a choice for Apple. Anyone who wants to push HD content must be compliant - the content owners demand it. It is already in place in all the HD content we watch - you just don't or rarely notice because your HD home theater, HD TiVo, HD Cable DVR etc. is already compliant as is your HDTV. All we are seeing here is a glitch where a legacy technology (VGA) comes up against a new standard (HDCP) and something breaks. The studios have little incentive to...
It's probably been said many times, but I skipped pages 3-5 (as interesting as it was). First, my 2c - morality is what people hide behind when they don't want to accept that this is a human/civil rights issue. As others have said, once upon a time in a galaxy not very far away, white supremacy was moral, as was lynching, witch burning, forced chastity belts etc. and menstruation, being female, inter-racial marriage, eating pork or being non-white was immoral or...
ekeefe41 - tenobell nailed it, but just to add... people will consider their cell phone a mini computer, and for most users, they will just want it to work and do what they need it to do (which is not a very high bar). Geeks may want to open their phone up and add flux capacitors but most (a much larger global user base than PCs) want it to do the basic job they need it to do - phone, surf, media, few cool apps etc. The history of the PC wars is not relevant. Apple had...
[QUOTE=jeChe;1278143]Nice try... pretend I'm a shill to make you seem less of a whiner. Look, be proud of your whine... Oh, and I have friends who work at Apple - it's no picnic - no thanks.
RANT ON - What is it about the Apple faithful that makes so many of them whiny B!@tches. "It's a disaster, its an embarrassment, I'm not going to buy one, Apple is a disgrace" Blah, Blah, Blah. If you are the kind of sad sack that needs to buy it on the first day, get in the queue, jam the servers, not check if you were eligible for the upgrade price and ignore all the warnings about mandatory in-store activations etc. then you get what you deserve. I got my iPhone 4...