or Connect

Posts by Capnbob

Absolutely. It was the right and only choice for Apple to get what they wanted and what we as consumers want (wifi, app store, Apple support, etc.). The iphone could not have been the game changer it is had Apple not played hardball with it's carrier, AT&T. The carrier exclusivity is the price of that game changing. Verizon would not play ball and now they suffer. It makes some sense but not a lot to make a CDMA2000/EV-DO phone given the stretching of Apple's engineering...
I used to be of the same opinion but decided to download a few games in the $1-3 range and have found several to be quite brilliant - huge timesinks!! In particular Flightcontrol and iShoot are personal faves. I was also impressed by iDracula. I might branch out into more expensive games soon (or wait til I get a more powerful device after June) but I can attest that casual gaming is pretty darn good on the iPhone/iTouch platform. At 99c for many of them, it doesn't hurt...
Goofball island - sounds like a new reality show... It's our language, the seppoes only licensed an old copy and then started making their own edits to the code. As for cooking skills - you're SOL there... why are the celebrity chefs in US primetime TV, British or thereabouts (Gordon R, Marco P W)? Partly because you lot can't get enough of the swearing in a fancy accent, but also because they can cook... as Michelin will attest. Celebrity chefs are numerous and hugely...
Are you talking about Canada, Alanis or the Galactica?
Fair point but learn what "ignoble" means - the opposite of what you think.
Your business acumen is simply stunning! What you and the other (some derogatory term that will be used to degrade my point ;-)) posters fail to comprehend is that your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It is worth next to nothing to anyone else and especially Apple. The implied belief that "you know what is best for Apple and if only someone would give you a break, you'd do a much better job than those idiots in Cupertino" is laughable. You think that Apple did not do...
Don't worry, your man Jim will soon start his new show "SAD (& pathetic) MONEY with Jim Cramer. Get over it. On the non-whining, non-partisan, other hand, Cramer knew exactly what he was in for as did anyone familiar with Stewart. He took his licks as a good scapegoat should. He knows, like anyone in public life, that when overall public sentiment is against you, which for Cramer it most certainly is, contrition is the only way to go. Had he really tried to fight back he...
LO-Freakin'-L - a hentai reference on AI - I've seen it all
You keep that rant in an MS Notepad file and cut and paste or do you recite it from memory? How many times do people have to say... history is not a good predictor of the present or future... iPhone/iPod/Mac are not overpriced in their market compared to relevant competitors, offer a superior user experience (sorry, the stats bear it out) and keep sufficient innovation coming. Licensing an OS for phones is not the answer as a business - it isn't making MS much money, it...
HDCP support is not a choice for Apple. Anyone who wants to push HD content must be compliant - the content owners demand it. It is already in place in all the HD content we watch - you just don't or rarely notice because your HD home theater, HD TiVo, HD Cable DVR etc. is already compliant as is your HDTV. All we are seeing here is a glitch where a legacy technology (VGA) comes up against a new standard (HDCP) and something breaks. The studios have little incentive to...