or Connect

Posts by Eideard

Never had an NDA with Apple; but, had 'em with other firms you're likely familiar with. Never silly enough, never considered that self-importance trumps explicit confidence. Always had time-delimited arrangements, though - allowing me to contribute once any info embargo ended. Always made sense and allowed 1st-person analysis when it was legit.
Folks classify the half-century plus I've spent in activism as ranging from progressive to radical - but, I still have no problems with a tech leader sitting at the head of the table at a state dinner. Xi and Obama meet at important levels and folks like Tim Cook are included in. Of course. This ain't Congress, children. As for bugs. Few and far between. But, then, I always ask the same question: have any unapproved 3rd party wonders on your Apple critter? No need...
I imagine the update is soon. Rec'd update for Kindle, today, for El Capitan compatibility.
I certainly hope Apple engineers remember all the touches that make DVRs popular. Once they stuff an HD back into the system, a live buffer is possible and that allows for your own instant replay. I just reminded myself, watching England v Switzerland live in ESPN on AppleTV instead of my DirecTV DVR. Preferable because 1080p upscales even better to 4K than does 1080i - or so it looks to these old eyes. But, then, I try to rewind and look at a play, again - and...
Proper understatement of Wall Street's failure to understand geeks and the tech industry. They still don't get unboxing, keynotes. A couple of things describing how close we feel to the processes of tech and development.
Sorry, but, I have zero confidence in security using Skype since MSFT bought it. Any recommendations for VOIP with trustworthy encryption and security. I need Mac-to-PC capabilities.
"Blowing away" existing SmarTV GUIs is about as difficult as obeying the law of gravity. Most not only look like they were designed by me hanical engineers - they were undergrad engineering students at that. We've had 2 of the breed, so far, and all that's been useful was programming the Amazon Prime button into my Harmony remote.
These creeps are NOT content "makers" - they are content "owners.  I'm certain we all understand the difference.
They're all untrue.
First instance I see of the "new" management waiting too long for perfection before pulling the trigger.   Apple had the opportunity - as recent as a year ago - to move AppleTV to a new position of strength by doing all they are capable of doing next month:  hotter processor, 4K capability, app store, moving more individual content providers onto the menu.   Instead, rumors say they will drag their feet on 4K - even though competitors are already advertising...