or Connect

Posts by BandiTT

I already have bought the Snapseed and iPhoto App for iPad/iPhone. If Adobe would have made this an universal App, I would have even paid $9.99 for the iPad App for the rare occasions where PhotoShop would come in handy.   But you can hardly do serious photo retouching on an iPhone, so this iPhone app should be a "bonus" for buying the iPad app instead of spending another $4.99...   So I would suggest to get the free universal Snapseed App for good and quick...
  This was in reply to Tallest Skil "Yeah, because fewer people will be buying the iPhone, turned off by its Android-like turnover rate."   I was saying that a faster product cycle would benefit the amount of iPhones beeing sold and this could counter act a smaller margin. Android devices are having a faster refresh rate and people get the latest speed and features quicker. And Android devices are having a faster growth rate than iPhones (patially due to cheaper prices...
  I don't think that the Android turnover rate is what is discouraging customers. I think it is the fragmentation of products and features from different companies. And the Android OS upgradability seem to be a real sore for some Android users. I think that Apple as the manufacturer of the hardware and software has much less fragmentation - even at faster product cycles. The next phone will just be faster and better every 9 instead of 12-15 month.
  After 12 and sometimes 15 month iPhone product cycles in the past, the competition with faster cycles had an easier time to bring out new products that are faster with new features.   And while Apple can't make enough phones in the first weeks after launch this situation will settle way before the product cycles refreshes. So I am in favor of shorter cycles for Apple products, even if that means that the margins are a bit smaller. I think that Apple will sell more...
As so many more players came to the smart phone market since the iPhone was introduced, Apple will be better off innovationg faster in order to increase sales volumes with more competitive products and features. What good does the best margin do you if you don't sell enough products?
Too bad! I wanted a 13" Retina MBP as soon as they announced the 15" model. Everything looks perfect, but...   8GB is the Maximum Ram that can be ordered and configured? That makes it for me as a photographer an expensive toy :-(   15" is just too big to bring on jobs all the time - so I hope for a 16GB revision sometime in the near future...
I was hoping for a Snow Leopard integration of iCloud. Technically it can be done
The white iMacs already had anti glare displays. Apple switched to "glossy only" on the aluminium iMacs...
So, I'll strech my MacBook upgrade cycle for another year. Hope that they'll drop the DVD drive by then and slim the devices down. And 1280x800 pixel on a premium 13" in 2011? Come on...
I see the limitations of touch screens quite often on my iPad. Just give me USB 3 on the current iMac and I'm sold ;-)