or Connect

Posts by lamewing

I would loved to have a replaceable battery in my iPhone. A nice example of it can be seen on the Omnia 7. Sold metal back with an easily removable door to provide quick access to the battery. Would take it in a heartbeat. It is not like you see the back of the iPhone anyway since over 75% (or more according to Apple) use a case for the iPhone.
And yet Apple's fans never question this as if it is okay for Apple to copy others, but no the other way around...
And yet you, as a "Moderator", are the first to start trolling. Pot meet kettle.
If Apple buys this will they artificially limit its ability to run on only the most current version of their hardware? Cough....cough....Siri...
Yes, but that degrades the quality of the music and due to the manner in which iTunes handles song data I would have a LOT of work ahead of me.    Also, Apple makes it so damned hard to leave by only giving the option burning to a physical CD as opposed to burning virtual CDs (can be done with 3rd party programs). Imagine having to burn a 700MB rewriteable CD  20 - 40 times. Zoinks!
I would give a rat's arse about the discount if Apple didn't keep reducing it, while at the same time playing up the discount. If this turns into a "what are the others doing" idea so why should we do more (ie they want as much $$$) as possible, then Apple has just failed and become nothing more than another corporate clone and all their statements about caring about their customers and creating the best products is bunk.    The cost/benefit idea only works so far. Yes, a...
I have to agree with this. I don't understand how Apple can be "inspired" by these ideas, yet Samsung is considered having done something wrong. And...why has none of this been brought up in the trial? The jury needs to know these things so that a reasonable decision can be made and both Apple and Samsung can stop wasting our hard earned $$$ paying armies of slime ball lawyers (yes I have friends and family who are lawyers and it does embarrass me).
Reasonable question. The tax thing for one. Other US companies do this and I don't like them either. My dislike is very much centered on Apple building itself up on the backs of other, in this case students, and then forgetting about them. Case in point. When the iPod came out Apple was giving discounts to students who purchased them. Apple also gave discounts to students who bought computers. As the iPod became more ubiquitous Apple stopped giving students a discount....
So what is Samsung to do?  1. Don't use the bounce. OK. 2. Don't use the double tap. OK 3. Don't use a horizontal swipe to unlock. OK. I think all of those things could be easily licensed easily enough.   So what should Apple do?  1. Pay the licensing fees for the FRAND patents.   So, the only issue is trade and dress. Should Samsung not be allowed to make black or white tablets? Should Samsung not be able to make a tablet that is as thin or thinner than the competition?...