or Connect

Posts by fahlman

Install an instance of Stanford University's folding@home client on each of your processors if you'd like to see all four of them working at 100%. You'll also help cure cancer.
As a replacement for Photoshop? Or InDesign?
Recode 4 DVDs at a time.
Do you have a clue what TCO is? Total Cost of Ownership. The price of the computer is one factor in TCO.
224 MB
The government has more pressing issues to contend with than wether you can watch recorded episodes of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
When adding the 2.33 GHz CoreDuo will Apple discontinue the 1.83 GHz or continue to sell it at a discounted price therefore offering four models (1.83, 2.0, 2.16 & 2.33)? This will be interesting to see how this all works out. The absence of a 1.66 GHz makes me think they might discontinue the 1.83 GHz model.
At one time you could mount the PowerBook drive in FireWire target disk mode and now you can't?
What is the command in the terminal that will show the the owner of all the files in the Applications directory?
While it may make PDFs does it make print ready? Heck, I don't know I've never used Pages. I'd hate for you to have the intern spend time producing the catalog in Pages and not have it make acceptable PDFs. I'd suggest sending the printer a PDF for review. I work for a company who produces six monthly publications using QuarkXPress (switching to InDesign) and you can't imaging the files we get from customers who think they are sending acceptable files. Save yourself from...