or Connect

Posts by Stro

I just had to power off the iMac. I tried running it for about 4 hours and it stayed stuck on 17sec Dose any one know if I can run the apple hardware test on my iMac from my MacBook Pro??
guess I should continue this over here http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...40&postcount=1
http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...38&postcount=9 Continued from the above post.... -----Quote:{ Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot "Run Apple Hardware Test, if you have it."------- Thanks for the reply... I have it and i'm trying to run it... I've got a late 2009 21.5" iMac 4G Ram and "AHT 3A202" I put the install DVD restarted and held the "D" key So I'm trying to run the apple hardware test but its getting stuck on 17sec... It says tis got 3min or more to...
Thanks for the reply... I have it and i'm trying to run it... I've got a late 2009 21.5" iMac 4G Ram and "AHT 3A202" I put the install DVD restarted and held the "D" key So I'm trying to run the apple hardware test but its getting stuck on 17sec... It says tis got 3min or more to run and its been going for about an hour now... is this normal?? dose any one have any experience with the Apple hardware test?? should i leave it running over night?? I guess I should move...
So any ideas on how I might narrow the problem down to one piece of hardware??
so this doesn't tell me anything about soling the problem Any one any ideas on troubleshooting the problem I'm having??
Tried that... no luck same issue "cant copy the necessary files to your HD".... is this a hardware issue? and what can I do to find out whats wrong??
Hi all I'm having trouble with my iMac unable to install Mac OS updates and randomly freezing telling me I have to turn off and back on again. The problem originated about 3 or 4 weeks ago. So I preformed disk utility to repair the disk form the CD. This didnt seem to solve the problem. I also tried to update OS from software update and I started getting messages saying "software update failed the necessary files could not be copied to the disk " or something to that...