or Connect

Posts by ktappe

True, but it's still a pattern of behavior, and a company I personally would not want to be signing on with.
This is huge. Live sports is one of the last reasons not to cord-cut. If I can get ESPN on my iPad over cellular, I can tell Comcast to go pound sand when (not if) they email me that my data is being capped.
 I thought the point of the 3000ft^2 was the distance it could stretch to the phone, not the WiFi back-end.  Maybe it's both?
I find Apple's requirements onerous. Many important venues do not have 1 million visitors a year nor open WiFi. Does Apple want people to use this technology or not?
 OK, wait. You're blatantly ignoring legal facts here so you can concentrate on alleged jury techno-ignorance. Apple itself cited the Wisconsin patent in its filing. Once they knew they were infringing, they were in the wrong, PERIOD. If they felt the Wisconsin patent was invalid, the proper path forward was to file with the USPTO to invalidate the patent. It is blatant bad-faith for them to produce a product that infringes and then later claim innocence. It is dismaying...
 And you are assuming they are innocent. Those of us assuming guilt have a jury verdict on our side. Oh, by the way: >Apple...cited the property in its own patent filings. Further, the lawsuit claims Apple refused WARF's requests to license the IP. That is a very difficult double-whammy to explain away. It shows Apple knew it was infringing but proceeded anyway. It also shows Apple refused to pay once they knew about the infringement.  But yes, go ahead and explain how the...
 Linux is pretty much *the* answer for servers these days. Why anyone wouldn't use RHEL for a server stack is beyond me at this point.
 What if the documents are stored in the cloud? (The cloud you lose access to when your subscription expires.)
>There is no standalone business option. What. The. Absolute. F---? EDIT: It certainly looks as if there's a $229 standalone option. Perhaps what the authors meant is that there is no volume enterprise license version. We certainly do not want to have to manage thousands of individual licenses. If MS wants business to stick with Office 2011 or move to a different product, this is a great way to do so.
>El Capitan is largely a polish of last year's OS X 10.10 Yosemite, but will gain a handful of key new features like Split View, an enhanced Mission Control, and performance improvements.   Um, actually SIP (System Integrity Protection) is a pretty big deal.