or Connect

Posts by ktappe

Whoosh.
Didn't I hear somewhere that this tablet will cost north of $2000? It's time for Blackberry to die. I hold no animosity towards them; but their attempts to stay alive are becoming so desperate, so futile, it's really painful to watch. Like a badly wounded animal, there comes a time when you just have to put them out of their misery.
 Indeed. I can count on one hand the number of times MagSafe has saved my laptops over the past 5 years as a result of tripping. Meanwhile, I'd need a supercomputer to calculate the number of times MagSafe has disconnected when I didn't want it to. I'm actually looking forward to having an Apple laptop with a persistent power cord. (I pre-ordered my 512Gb Gold 12" MacBook today.)
 Snowden is a hero. We wouldn't know a tenth of what we know our government is doing to us if it were not for him. Anyone who puts Snowden down is anti-American and anti-freedom.
 Thank you. I had no idea that was there. I wonder how many other users don't know about it?
 ...or because Apple isn't the primary culprit in this case. Yes, I'll blame Apple for changing their policy only one month from rollout. BUT, the only way this problem can be exploited is if the customer has already suffered identity theft. Thieves have to already have a compromised credit card in their possession in order to use Apple Pay. This is something the cardholder's bank should be on the lookout for and if they see a card being added to a phone not owned by the...
It's a pity "Serial" sucked...it might turn people off to trying other podcasts.
 When it comes to both hardware and software design, and product direction, he pretty much is. Tim handles management, finances, and supply chain, and leaves making awesome products to Jony.
 I've never understood Madonna hate. She has more talent in her little finger than most people do in their entire bodies. She writes her own music and doesn't need Autotune to sound good. Sure she's a bit weird but so are most artists. What's the issue??
 The value of money is not constant. As such, anything you measure with money should, to be fair, adjusted for inflation. I have no dog in this fight; I don't care if Apple becomes the biggest company ever or not. If they do, good on them, if they don't, I'll continue being an Apple professional. But I don't see a strong argument against adjusting for inflation if the metric you are using is affected by inflation.