or Connect

Posts by ktappe

What? Facebook hasn't kept their app(s) up to date with changes that they were warned about months in advance? I'm *shocked*. /s
 Says you. Me, I think it's a great deed. You'd be wise to recall that your opinion does not speak for everyone.
 It's way more than "just a watch" just as the iPhone is way more than "just a phone." If you claim otherwise, you were either not paying attention or are intentionally only hearing what you want to hear. The timekeeping is the *least* of its features. That said, I too am questioning whether I want to start strapping a device to my wrist again. I stopped wearing watches 10 years ago and really don't miss them. There are clocks everywhere now and it's one less thing to...
 But they're not going to be together. They'll be separated by 6000 miles. Yes, they'll collaborate, but I have the feeling they'll also maintain a bit of independence. If Ive is smart (and we know he is), he'll hand projects off to Newson and let him run with them, somewhat free of tethers. 
 Well the point of the Ice Bucket Challenge is that if you're challenged you either dunk or donate. Apple could respond by saying "Instead of marketing gimmicks, we'll just donate $10 million to ALS. See you on September 9th, Samsung."
I've never figured out what Gazelle does with all those phones. I know there's a market which you can see by going on eBay. But that's a *lot* of phones to resell, so I doubt they want to resell them one by one. Is there a bulk way for them to sell pallet loads of iPhones somewhere? Asia perhaps?
 Are you being deliberately obtuse or are you trolling yourself? 
I'm missing something with regard to Bose waiting to file. Multiple people have said "that's normal." But in other threads about patent suits, people regularly defend them by saying "you have to defend your IP or you'll lose them." This implies that if you wait or don't sue, then the defendant can petition the court "it must not have been that important to them; look how they sat on their heels." How does that not apply here? Can't Beats tell the court "they waited 10...
 Agree. However, it's likely a lot of things also changed under the hood. This update just came out today; it will take time for people to test things like stability and compatibility.
 Agreed. I do not recall ever having a Lightning connector come out accidentally.