or Connect

Posts by ByronVanArsdale

A friend had an excellent strategy: he used DropBox to hold the documents for his small company - he, and others, could access and change the documents in DropBox regardless of what the device (iPad, iPhone, MBP, etc.). Thought this was a brilliant strategy that allowed him and his team to access the same file from any device. This might solve synching problems and speed up backups.
Really? Time to lay off the coffee...... Three Possible Reasons: 1. Apple wants us all to use surgical gloves to insure the screens remain smudge/fingerprint/oil free for the first couple of months. 2. Apple needed a way to "lower the bar" so the new Droid phone wouldn't look so bad! 3. Apple is switching PR campaigns now they've found how successful it can be when you "lose" a proto-type in a bar! They'll let this run for 3 days, announce a magical "fix" that was...
Brilliant post on the costs for digital. The costs in the real world are just as numerous. As an author and publisher (RossdalePress.com), we've been printing our books, audio cd's, etc. and it is expensive. THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE THOUGH. The real issue is TWO PARTS: first is how many copies are sold. Second, and more importantly, is how many people read your work and rave about it. High quality, self-published authors stand to do very well in this model.
I do not have a reference for the following so take this "as rumor": It appears Verizion is now has a full 3G network in anticipation of being able to compete with AT&T when their stranglehold on iPhone exclusivity runs out. I'm sure AT&T will run full out over next year to play catch up. Facts anyone?
Helpful - thanks.
Sounds like S stands for smokin'!
Only if she' turned on...
LMAO at all the comments above! I thought it Windows 7.no.......... Edit: My wife, pc user since mid 1980's, switched to Apple (MBP 15) in January 2009 because she would not work with Vista. (Hat tip to Apple One-on-One crew in Austin for making my life great as she learned to think different!) This morning, traveling in NY, watched her work with a laptop running Vista during her presentation and express utter disgust over the experience. Thanks MS for sending my wife...
I attended an Aperture training yesterday and it was great. High level, yet very useful. Got the One-on-One membership in January when my wife switched from peecee to MBP. IT WAS THE BEST USE OF $100 I HAVE EVER SPENT!! Seriously, they helped my wife get up to speed and my marriage is going strong and happy! Unlike the above comment, there are users who are just users - not techies. I needed to have some patiently explain to her how the OSX system worked and avoid all -...