or Connect

Posts by ByronVanArsdale

This is so priceless!
Back on the ads, Apple is successful because they have identified the pain many Windows users have faced and they lampoon the image long branded to the PC. This bridges a connection with the audience - you understand my pain. The new "I'm a PC" ads by M$ don't make a connection for all the reasons previously given by the smart posts before this one. The shift to Intel by Apple appears smarter and smarter - I recall hearing a Genius Bar associate say that Windows...
Ok, this crosses the line for me.That is fine to lampoon M$ and their ads, yet attacking Gates is going too far. I'm no M$ fanboy, yet here is what Bill & Melinda Gates ARE doing in the world: $16.75 Billion committed in funds around the world: http://www.gatesfoundation.org/Grant...?showYear=20081.77B or 11% to Global Development5.35B or 32% to USA9.61B or 57% to Global HealthHere are their principles for the organization:...
Here's hoping Apple gives you credit when they improve OS X using your list! It seems it wasn't that long ago that Macs were stereotyped as "toys". Apple's response was to innovate. M$ introduces ads. As Peter Drucker said: marketing and innovation bring in revenue and everything else reduces revenue.
Solipsism: SWEET! For all the amazing tech insight you provide, thanks for laugh. don't worry, you'll schnapp out of it in no time.
It is interesting to see how Apple can continue to keep a fairly tight lid on these announcements despite the many countries involved in the mfg/production of their computers. Have been awaiting this announcement since January MW.......
And here we have a classic example of the difference between talking about doing something and actually doing said thing. Talking about "connecting" is not the same thing as connecting. What if they took the campaign funds and sent a portion of it to every user? At least, they'd have Money talks and BS walks on their side....
Agreed. I did a quick rewind just to make sure it WAS a vista ad given that Bill Gates and Jerry S. were in it. I am not their target mkt so who is? Very strange yet somehow completely congruent......
Apple is coming out with a new 64-bit app for Snow Leopard called iKarma to deal with this very issue. Due to the extent of the problem (think fractal theory), they decided to use 64-bit so they'd have enough processing power to handle the job!
Crysis in the apple world means waiting for MBP upgrade Jan 08 only to find it still not out at June 08. Crysis is the pc world is heaven on earth