or Connect

Posts by ByronVanArsdale

"In the competition between PCs and Macs, we outsell Apple 30-to-1. But there is no doubt that Apple is thriving," Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer wrote in the email to employees last month. "Why? Because they are good at providing an experience that is narrow but complete, while our commitment to choice often comes with some compromises to the end-to-end experience." In communication, if you remove everything in front of the word "but", you have the message. In...
Great post. I've been hanging out here for a number of years and only started posting when the issue of conference calls via iPhone came up - that is my area of interest and passion. I'm neither tech savvy nor a power user and fully appreciate reading comments by those much more skilled and smarter than I am with both HW/SW issues. Thanks!
Not my experience re. app crash and phone wipe. I only have a small number of downloaded apps and this could be why I'm having zero challenges. Having moved from the Treo 650 to the 3G - I can attest to hundreds and hundreds of crashes on my Treo 650 with numerous firmware updates and reloads to get things working properly. Also, I watched my 3G seamlessly switch between 3G and Edge during a 2-hour presentation on Friday. I'd heard about this problem yet had never looked...
Wrong re. 2003 Powerbook G4. That is a G4 PB 17" (on the right) and was announced/released january 2003. I know because I'm still working on mine. Garage Band showed up later with upgrades to the OS - currently running Leopard on my baby. Notice the "feet" on the G4 - anyone who had a G4 PB could tell you about them falling off.
agreed!
Great article! Once again shows re. costs charged to developers on other platforms, how Apple is thinking different. Loving my 3G and awaiting new MPB announcement.
a myth is a good as a mile.....
THAT is amazing! Thanks for posting this app - even a newbie could make something professional looking with this.
don't forget the floppy drive in that Lisa like computer!
Just returned to Austin from Italy 2am Wednesday morning - getting up at 4:25am was no big deal! Was 10th in line at Barton Creek Mall by 5amish. Got phone easily and missed the long lines. Same challenges with iTunes sign up. Went home and figured the fastest way to complete process was to set it and then take a nap. Worked like a charm and loving my 3g. Bummer - will have to change my sig line now or be forever reminded of the iPhocolypse on July 11th!