or Connect

Posts by crawdad62

"Apple is allowed to copy braun but nobody is allowed to copy apple? That does not make sense." You might have a point if Braun made computers.
That's interesting. I'm fifty so I'm either as old as your parents or older probably and I wouldn't consider myself a Luddite by any means. I mean I held of until I could get an i7 iMac since it encodes a lot of video most days but right now I couldn't even tell you what the processor is in my iPad or my iPhone for that matter. They both do what I want them to do. In fact I've never heard any of my friends (in their 30's, 40's and 50's) say they're waiting for a specific...
That exactly what the analyst and the tech pundits said about Apple entering the mobile phone market. Too many players that are already established, too little profit and exactly what could Apple bring?
I've tried the beta and it isn't anything I'd be interested in using. That said OSX freaked a lot of people out that came from OS9.
I just don't see it. It's not much larger than some phones and it's not much smaller than the current iPad. For me at least it doesn't bring anything to the table. Obviously my opinion means nothing because a lot of people sure want this size. I wish they would make a larger iPad.
I'm sure if I used Chrome on the desktop I'd be excited about this but I don't and this is just another browser. I've tried using Chrome on my Mac but I guess I'm getting old and set in my ways. I've got Safari set up like I like it and I'm amazed at all the negative comments regarding it. But I've got no agenda and I'll try out Chrome a little and maybe it'll grow on me but I don't see it bringing anything to the table that Safari doesn't already do (short of tab syncing...
Yeah it probably isn't as easy as jailbreaking but you'd never know it when all these Android users talk about how it's so great they can install custom ROMs all the time. It's their battle cry. Can't get a reasonable update from their carrier or manufacturer? Root it!I would guess that a jailbroken iPhone is at a much greater security risk but Android is at a risk right from the start. You don't have to do anything and you can side load something nefarious.
And that strategy is actually working out pretty well for them. "Tens of millions" probably doesn't even cover what they made by tracking during the period they were doing it. Same goes for the Google Music service. Can't come to an agreement with the record labels? No problem just go ahead and put up the tunes. Eavesdrop on people's WiFi? Sure why not. We'll figure it out in court later. It'll only be a slap on the wrist anyway.
A study conducted by mobile ad server MoPub claims I stopped reading right there.
Samsung: "The Apple for the rest of you" There fixed it for you.