or Connect

Posts by crawdad62

Recall just for the sake of getting rid of my iPhone? No. I'm not having trouble with mine but if they have a "corrected model" then yeah I'd exchange it for that. Just because I'm in an area that has good coverage I haven't experienced any trouble and in fact have better reception than my iP3G had doesn't mean I'll always have. But if they came out with a model that unequivocally eliminated any chance losing a signal than sure. Why not?
What no comments? You need to include the keyword antenna in the title. Good news like this is never well received......except by stockholders.
Exactly! Should you have to hold it a certain way? No. But in this case you do (no pun intended). If that's not acceptable to you then times a running out. Return it. If I were dropping calls and data I certainly wouldn't hesitate to do so (especially with the re-stocking fee waived). I wouldn't want to go through the hassle to do it and I would really want the iP4 but if it doesn't work what's the point of having it..... unless it's just to bitch about it.
Wow! Some people just can't be happy. If they never released extensions you'd probably be b*thing because Safari doesn't support them.
All I can say is it's a nightmare for Apple. Regardless if it's an isolated case-by-case issue or not. It's real and it's gaining momentum. I work is a non-tech environment and most people don't know diddly about this stuff. But they're all in on the antenna issue. They know iPods, iTunes, most know about the iPad and everyone has heard about the antenna issue. That's scary or it should be for Apple. I've had my iP4 since launch (actually a day earlier) and before all...
I don't see what's so hard to understand here. walshbj just stated that if there were more in supply and there was a white model for sale they'd sold more. You have to admit there's been a lot of people that wanted one that couldn't get it because it's sold out at their location and there's many that are holding off until the white model is released. As for a actual sales total? Who knows but I don't see the WTF in any of his statement. Whether or not it was possible to...
Mine showed the 23rd from the get-go (at least going by FedEx's tracking). I just assumed it would eventually change to the 24th since FedEx's estimates are not always correct. Then I got the email from Apple last night. That's awesome. Especially since I must've been one of the last to get in on the 15th. I was on vacation and didn't have internet access other than on my iPhone. I tried about 3 pm eastern and it failed at the AT&T authorization. I figured I'd give it...
Agreed. Many haven't taken into account the interactivity of the iPad version vs. the printed. And just let me say I'm a sucker for that stuff. However others have stated there's a lot more than just printing in the printed version. I'm sure there's a lot more man-hours spent getting a printed copy out then the digital version. I'm not in the publishing business so I'm just guessing. I've been a subscriber to "Wired" for many years. At ten bucks a year it's a value to me....
That's something that amazes me. Why people that have absolutely no interest in a subject feel compelled to sh*t on everything. I guess I can understand being more than critical on a general tech site but come on this is AppleInsider. Of course there's going to be a bias. There's many things that I own/use that there's an us vs. them attitude but I've never wanted to put my two cents in on "their" forums. Why? I simply don't care enough about the other device to waste my...
Absolutely! I downloaded this specifically to use on my iPad even before I had it. So far I've only got one subscription... Surfer Magazine at $9.99 a year. I used to subscribe to it a long time ago but just got to the point I was being overrun with all of them (and many others too). It's great. Easy to read, all the pages in the print version and the pictures are awesome on the screen. It came with some sample magazines and there's an issue of National Geographic and the...