or Connect

Posts by zinfella

No one is forced to post private information on social media sites, nor are they forced to text the info. If you do that, you do so at your own risk. This isn't really difficult, and ranks right up there with keeping your mouth shut when it's in your best interest.
Perzactly! I never text, and my wife seldom texts, maybe 7-8 texts a month. It's all in what you think you can't live without.
Not really. Best performance comes from matching memory modules. So, if you mix 2 GB modules with other sizes, you are foregoing that better performance. The best next step upgrade to the standard 4 gig that comes with the machine is to go to 8 gig, using two more 2GB modules.
You have already received good advice. Now, it's up to you to use or ignore.
He made a bad decision, but it doesn't look like he wants to admit it, as he's blaming Apple for his own poor choice. I'm guessing that he has a history of blaming others instead of taking responsibility for his own actions.
Compensation? Are you bloody serious? Welcome to life, it does not come with a guarantee of compensation for every little irritant!
I'm holding out for the Steam Punk model!
Bare Feats has some testing posted that includes laptops, and they too lag behind the iMacs and Mac Pros. OTOH, a lot depends on what one is using the laptop for. Many folks expect that they will replace a desktop, and that just ain't happening for every task that one might do.
Adding an additional iMac to the available real estate may not be possible for everyone. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea fine, but, two won't fit in my limited space. I had not seriously considered running the iMac display with a MP, but it's something to think about, especially when 27" displays are going for $1000 all by themselves. I've not any info about the expected lifespan of the current model iMacs with their IPS displays, could be that they will out serve ...
Good point, but not a lot different than the OP's original idea of buying Mini and Display (although way different performance wise). Once the iMac is that outdated then what to use as a computer becomes a possible issue. Do you then buy the Mini of the time, which would still be short of the performance of other models of that time period? I have nothing against the Mini, save to say it's performance just doesn't excite me for photography. My personal choice would be to...