or Connect

Posts by zinfella

Going by what info I can find, I agree with your remarks. No decision here yet, but I'm not in a hurry, and it's possible that I'll hold off on buying for awhile.
Yep, BF has some results, but not what I'm looking for. I did a bit of testing for Rob at BF with my 2008 iMac, so he could compare different iMac models, but he hasn't posted the results, and that was back last month when the new models hit. Even Macworld only used PS CS 4, not CS 5 to test the new iMacs.
Well, there's two i5 versions, the duo and the quad. Turbo Boost gives the duo model a speed advantage for most uses, but as you said, it won't keep that advantage once more apps become multi processor friendly. I haven't seen any comparisons between the new models using PS CS 5, or LR 3. Perhaps that's because there are a lot of PS plugins that aren't 64 bit ready yet, so a lot of pros are not going beyond CS 4 in their every day use. It could be, although it calls for...
A new iMac is in my future (maybe). There are some choices to evaluate when it comes to the exact model. It will be a 27", so there's no argument over that. It will also be an i7 or one of the two i5 offerings. Just so there is no misunderstanding, I LOVE the glossy screen, and have been using one for over 2 years, so that 's another argument that we can avoid. There's only $327 separating the dual core i5 from the top of the line quad core i7, and over the life of the...
Whelp, I do'd it, it's ordered (refurbed model @ $129). Peace be upon me!
I was merely pointing out to Mr. Confused what could be done to update the Extreme to better match the competition. One thing that it could use is a simple on/off switch, but I'm not holding my breath. Still, one never knows what features might be added, some of which might be attractive to me, such as the afore mentioned switch. Since there are no update rumors flying about I'll probably order an Extreme in the next week or so.
It's your call, but some of the refurb prices save you more than $100. Check out this link.
There are things that can be done to upgrade the Airport Extreme. Another Ethernet port, another USB port, web based access, the ability to run only one frequency band at a time, the list goes on. Maybe you aren't aware of the features that the competition is offering.
Go look at the refurbs. more bang for your buck.
I'm looking at a refurbed Airport Extreme from the Apple Store because it saves me a cool $50 over the new model. Both have a one year warranty, unless you buy it with a new Mac and AppleCare, then you get 3 years of warranty which includes the router. Thanks for the reply, it pretty much agrees with my own deductions, but it never hurts to ask.