or Connect

Posts by zinfella

It's exactly like anything else, the best time to buy an iMac is when you need one. Waiting won't gain you anything because you'll just be that much closer to the release of whatever model replaces what you waited for. You'll never be able to keep up with what is current for more than a few months, unless your wealthy.
Not in your face? You must live on Mars.
Not really, Some of those gay couples will expire, some will divorce, or separate under less than legal sanctions. Plus, it's only 18,000 to begin with a mere blimp on the general population. Of course the entire gay community is only a blimp on the size of the general population to begin with. Do you think that they might re-think their in-your-face attitude that they've been promoting for years? After all, that is exactly what caused them to lose this issue, they simply...
Not really, Some of those gay couples will expire, some will divorce, or separate under less than legal sanctions. Plus, it's only 18,000 to begin with a mere blimp on the general population. Of course the entire gay community is only a blimp on the size of the general population to begin with. Do you think that they might re-think their in-your-face attitude that they've been promoting for years? After all, that is exactly what caused them to lose this issue, they simply...
Now reigns in California, as I predicted. Neener, neener!
You are in need of more education. \
You don't say which model Mac you are using, and that dictates some of the capabilities you need for an external HD, like the interface. I'd go with eSATA, if I had that capability, my next choice would be Firewire 800, followed by FW 400, and the last choice would be USB 2. I use Icy Dock enclosures, and they are very nice! You can hot swap drives in seconds, they run cool, and dead silent. The particular models, by interface, are chosen by the menu on the lower left of...
I can't say if that's typical of MacMall, or not, as I haven't dealt with them in several years. But, you can bet that there are a lot of folks that waited longer, or that didn't get the rebates at all. My last rebates came from Apple, and I had them in hand 3-4 days after the purchase! Too bad all rebates aren't that fast.
That's an opinion, not fact. Some pro photo people are loving PS CS 4.
Don't forget that newspapers are also hurting and/or dying. The internet is taking a huge toll on publications. One can go to Adobe's website and get excellent video tutorials for their products, and they 're free. That cuts costs for vendors as well as trade show attendees. The hand writing is on the wall. Not that I don't love trade shows, but then I also loved train travel which is also nothing but a shadow of what used to be.