or Connect

Posts by zinfella

Well, imagine voiding your warranty by unlocking your iPhone, and you still have most of the 2 year AT&T contract to fulfill. Not a place that I'd want to be. A guy I know here has the 4 GB model that he bought last year on the first day that the iPhone hit the market. He says that 4 gigs works very well for him. BTW, he went to Italy last Fall, he loaded the Godfather trilogy on his 4 gigger. Many folks just don't need a large capacity on their iPhone. On the other side...
Who have I prevented from complaining? As long as my remarks don't agree with yours, and you misinterpreted them anyway, then I'm a prick? Now, you want to deny my access to this thread because you don't like what I posted. What are you, Stalin's illegal grandson? Why not start your own forum where you are the only voice? If you don't like my posts, quit reading them or block me. AFAIK, this is a forum for all views. If I'm wrong, the participating admin will surely...
Not at all, nobody has to like Apple's RAM prices, and letting off steam about it might make some feel better, but, it won't change anything. What it amounts to is complaining about something that we don't have to do, which is buy RAM from Apple. It's akin to complaints about the condition of a road that you don't use, and where alternate routes abound. It's hardly worth getting worked up about, which is what I see here.
I haven't suggested that anyone not complain about Apple's RAM pricing. But, since nobody has to buy their RAM their, I don't see it a a big issue. Yes, they are high priced, so what, I don't buy RAM from them, and you don't either. So, what we have here is a complaint about something that didn't happen. I dare say that that those on this site, that would read our posts, and that don't know about Apple's pricing policies, are few indeed. As for loan sharking, it's...
Not at all, people can have any opinion they like about Apple's RAM pricing, I only offered my own. As for government interference in this, I'm adamantly opposed, and I don't see that anyone else has suggested it either. As long as we have multiple vendor choices for the RAM, it's a non-issue, AFAIC. Unfortunately, more government control over private industry is only just around the corner. That's where the politicians that have no experience in a business, tell those...
You left out the iMacs, Apple's price on the RAM for them has also dropped. I've always been a believer in letting the market control prices. If Apple charged a million bucks a module it would be okay with me, as long as I wasn't forced to buy it, and it was available elsewhere for better prices. Wait, it is available elsewhere at better prices, so who cares what Apple charges? Hard drives from Apple are in the same league. If you wanted to sell your car wouldn't you...
No, they don't, but the Mac is considerably cheaper as a refurb, and carries the same warranty as a new model. Give your dad a break, he's paying for it, and in the end you won't be able to tell the difference between a refurb and a new model. I don't know what you know about MacBooks, Pro or otherwise, but, getting AppleCare with one is a VERY good idea, as repairs are not at all cheap. If you buy through the education store, you get a better price on AppleCare, even for...
Just keep in mind that wireless headphones do not have the performance of wired models.
I'm not sure that "gouging" is the correct term. Certainly, Apple charges more than some third party vendors, and many of us just don't buy extra RAM from Apple. However, nobody has a gun to their head, forcing them to buy extra RAM from Apple, and Apple is entitled to charge any price they like. Do I think that they catch a lot of folks unaware over RAM pricing? Sure I do, but, IMO, the term caveat emptor still rules the day. There is some evidence that Apple is seeing a...
For starters, you could quit acting as though you're entitled to anything that you didn't earn. Pissing and moaning over the fact that you didn't get a sale price on something you wanted is about as immature as anything I can imagine. When you say you were treated harshly because Apple didn't offer sale price on any software, that is pissing and moaning. Grow up!