or Connect

Posts by Sevenfeet

Because it still needed to be said.  How far you achieve in your career shouldn't be held hostage to sexual orientation.  The United States has been turning on this issue in a remarkably short period of time...it reminds me of the transition in the civil rights movement from 1965 (the year I was born) to 1975 when I grew up as a kid not seeing white only lunch counters, water fountains, etc.  My daughter is eight years old, and one of her friends and his brother were...
OK, I've gone ahead and not only read the blog post, but also the privacy policy line by line.  Some takeaways:   MCX begins by saying that retailers are certainly free to use their system or not. (Yay!  Free Will!).  Then the next sentence in the blog post says that MCX companies work with them exclusively. (Free Will!....errr, not so much).  Now in MCX's defense, they do say there are no fines for leaving the organization (but not if there used to be).  The problem is...
The obvious followup question to any of the member companies of MCX led by Walmart is: Apple's Apple Pay system is compatible with any merchant with a working NFC WavePass system as a point of sale terminal. This is already the worldwide standard and soon to be the standard in the US in a year. Google's Android phones and WavePass credit cards use this system too. If there is no support necessary from your company to make it work, why are you actively blocking its use?
Somebody had mentioned they thought Mail had a memory leak.  I think there is something to that.  I had Yosemite up all day doing work with no issues.  Late in the day before leaving the house I brought up Apple Mail for something small but left it running.  When I got back to the house an hour later, the Force Quit dialog was up saying that my system had run out of memory and all applications were paused.  I killed Mail and a few other things, then the new Force Quit has...
The buttons have been there since OS X 10.0.  In fact with the new colorization, they look closer to the original Aqua than they have in recent years. The drop down menu color is reminiscent of the menu colors for System 7, way back in the day. New font?  It's not everyday we get a new system font.  So far, I'm ok with it.
I decided to throw caution to the wind after the first two MacBooks in the house upgraded without incident (2009 Macbook, 2009 Macbook Pro).  Since then, I've upgraded by Mac Pro (2008) and my wife's MBAir (2013).  So far so good.  iCloud Drive in the Finder doesn't seem to be working yet despite the fact that I can access my iCloud files just fine through normal apps.   Otherwise, no showstoppers.  The last upgrade was the MacBook Pro (2007) and it took the longest to...
I would recommend one of the metadata editing apps in the Mac Store, like iDentity or iFlicks 2.  It's much easier to keep your iTunes metadata correct with them.
Beat me to it.  I have two Macs upgraded but I cannot find where they hide the build number.
This is why I have several Macs in the house.  I can afford to "guinea pig" a couple. Installing now...
LOL.  An old computer still have usefulness as long as Apple doesn't obsolete them. :)