or Connect

Posts by Sevenfeet

This happened to me too. Not only did music not show up but movies and podcasts as well were absent. Well, not absent, the files are there on the phone. But for some reason, the phone doesn't think they are there. I solved it by asking iTunes to remove the 4 movies I had on the device and then syncing. Then I put the movies back on and synced again. That solved all my problems (music, movies and podcasts). Given the solution offered in the article, the updating of...
The original Apple TV v1 does do Airtunes (or Airplay as it's called now).
It's a little unusual for Apple to recall a release but it's happened before. Leopard Server had a 10.5.8 v1.1 release to clean up a last problem since there wasn't scheduled to be a 10.5.9 release. I use Snow Leopard Server at home and I have 10.6.5 running now. The only problem I noticed was an odd tendency for the USB keyboard and mouse (both Apple) to either stop working after a few minutes or never start working on boot. Unplugging-replugging the keyboard/mouse...
Well, we're seeing an interesting role reversal in more than a few ways. Who would have thought a decade ago that Apple would be the larger company in terms of sales?
Problem solved.
Daniel's article is interesting but there are a couple of mistakes. First, while Oracle does sell Mac software, namely Oracle Database, the version available is 10g, a product that will soon be on extended support with no future updates. Database 11g has been out for years now and so far, there's no Mac OS X Server version of that. Second, late model XServes can be ordered with SAS storage.Now to the meat of the argument. First, some background: I've been using Apple...
I once had dinner with the Bungie guys at a Macworld Boston at the height of the popularity of Marathon. It was disappointing to lose them as a Mac developer but I can't blame them for taking the (large) check from Microsoft. And as mentioned earlier, Apple wasn't in a position to do anything about it 10 years ago, unlike now.
Funny, I don't see all the audiophiles carrying Zunes at any of the events I've ever gone to.Strange. All my customers (of a huge well known software/hardware company) are asking us to make software for iPad. And my customers intend to use them broadly in health sciences and pharma industries. And you obviously have never used an Apple laptop in say, 5 years.Now you're just smokin' crack.Scratch that....make that METH.With an Esctasy chaser.And your proof...is?Enjoyed...
This is probably the best explanation of why Apple shouldn't go after social sites like Facebook. It sounds fun for bloggers to speculate on but makes no sense to Apple, its board or investors. AOL looked like at one point (1995) that it would own the Internet and outlive Apple. Fast forward 15 years and AOL is a shadow of its former self, a victim of its own outdated business model (it is trying to change by buying into the blogging world). Geocities is dead, having...
What's scary about the modern Apple to its competitors is that Apple made nearly as much in profit for FY2010 ($14b) as they did in revenue for all of FY2005. That's serious growth and Apple now has serious power. Wall Street really wants Apple to do something with the money which is currently earning <1%. I can't say I blame them, but it's not like Apple hasn't made them all rich in the last decade. If you drop a multi-billion investment on something, you want it to...