or Connect

Posts by Sevenfeet

I'm still trying to figure this deal out. eBay unloads Skype for a mere $2.75b after paying $2.5b for it and not two years later, Microsoft pays $8.5b for it? Seriously? I mean, the AI article speaks of their improved business model but is it enough to more than triple their valuation? We all know that Microsoft is good for the cash, but I can't help think that they ended up in a bidding war with Facebook and Google and wound up overpaying. It's also an interesting...
That's a lot of "walking around money".
As we all know, product placement is a big deal in Hollywood. And yes, there have been Macs seen in TV shows ever since the Seinfeld days. I have an old friend of mine who's an programming executive at ABC/Disney and we talked about this once. In most cases, Apple hasn't gotten into the product placement business regarding shows. What is happening in most cases is that the art directors and set designers for these shows are frequently looking for trendy attractive ways...
And yes, there are some extremely hot exceptions.
Seriously? That's the best excuse you could come up with? There are legions of Fandroids who would be extremely happy to go on camera with a pre-released Android tablet and spout platitudes for weeks. Finding someone to say something nice isn't the problem. The problem is that few of these Fandroids actually look like the people in the videos. Most of the hard core Android fan base are IT professionals who look like, well, IT professionals. This whole thing was...
I, for one, am NOT HAPPY to see NFS services go by the wayside in Lion Server. Some of us actually us it. In my case, I have an aging Sun tower in my house that I primarily use for training for my job in technology. Since it uses smallish SCSI drives, I use my Snow Leopard Server as a NFS server store for my Solaris machine. Snow Leopard Server makes this dirt simple to set up and use. Also, I know some people using certain media servers like using NFS instead of...
Thanks for the clarification. I stand corrected.
OK Mel, I went back to see if I could find the original WSJ article and here it is from Jan. 5, 2010:http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...Tabs%3Darticle I don't subscribe so I can't read past the first two paragraphs which don't mention the price. But I can read the comments section and many on the first page react to the thought of paying $1000 for it. Since you subscribe, can you confirm the contents of the article?
You guys deal in the rumor business on a day-by-day basis but I'm going by my memory at the time that the Wall Street Journal was the one who went with that rumor at the time. The WSJ isn't known for publishing rumors unless they come from high end sources at companies. In Apple's case, they have been known to get tips straight from the top before when Apple wants them to know something. I still might be wrong, but how do you remember it?
All this has been interesting to watch. Before this time last year, the iPad was pretty much the worst kept secret in Silicon Valley. Everyone was expecting Apple to do something, but nobody else, save the ill-launched Joojoo dared try to beat them to market. Android has up until that time been very successful with the "fast follower" approach. But then a few things happened competitors did not expect.First, Apple leaked probably one of its most memorable bits of...