or Connect

Posts by Sevenfeet

You have no idea how well the Nest products are selling from Apple Retail.  And the more I think about this, the less I am surprised by it.  First all of, Nest already had Google Ventures money in it.  So it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that Google might just write a check for one of the startups it has funded. Apple buys a lot of companies...but they don't buy everyone.  We also have no idea if Apple made a play on them but I'd be very surprised if...
Interesting acquisition.  I'm a Nest customer (2 learning thermostats, 4 Protects)...Tony Fadell just made a ton of money.  Hopefully Nest will continue to make great things and be platform agnostic.  Given Google's other efforts, I'm not worried.   Of course, I'm assuming we'll all now have to link our Nest accounts with Google+ (I wish I were kidding).
My turn: I've been a Nest early adopter since January 2012. I have two gen-1 Nest thermostats in my home, one for each level of the house. My house is 3280 square feet, heated by natural gas in the southern US. Before the Nests, I had bought a couple of Honeywell programmable thermostats. I had wanted to save energy and money with our household energy bills and since my wife is a sustainability PhD, she was all for it. I placed the Homeywell's manual by my bedside...
The auto update feature is pretty nice, especially for parents and friends whom I do occasional IT duty for. I don't have to have a home visit just to know they have the latest Apple TV update.
First, Promise Thunderbolt enclosures are not meant for the casual user.  They never have been.  If you use your Mac for data intensive work where time is money and performance is everything, then this is for you.  I know enough people in my own town slobbering at the mouth for gear like this because it's right for their business.   Also, I don't think that Promise sells bare enclosures with these.  You can use other drives with it, but it will come with some that are...
Ok, TS, I tried to dial back the flame war with with what I thought was a cogent reflective essay. You respond by basically blasting me by saying I don't have a clue of what I'm talking about without any decent argument backing up your statement. If you're going to flame, at least give a good argument as to why I'm off base. Otherwise, I'm writing you off as someone who cannot even make it in a high school debate club. As for your second point, it's not a bad one...
It's a little ironic that the two biggest guys here are locked in a cage match.  But since I'm not usually a fan of flame wars, let's back down from the vitriol.  I'll make my argument and you are more than free to respond in kind.   OK, back to the original point of an Apple gaming machine of some kind.  Let's go over some facts.  The gaming console market is right now owned by three big players, Microsoft (XBox 360), Sony (Playstation 3) and Nintendo (Wii).  And of...
Really TS?  An App Store for the Apple TV is obvious to just about everyone.  It's required if you want to do a proper gaming console.   As for the Wii, I meant a new Wii successor, not a mild update to the existing platform.   And speaking of which....PIPPIN?  Seriously??  Nobody but nobody but the most deluded Apple haters throws that old failure from the dark days of the 90s to make a point.  Wake up and join the 21st century.  Back then, Apple was laughed at by the...
Here's what we will probably see...an Apple TV with 802.11ac networking and not much else.What we should see: a processor upgraded version that transforms Apple TV into a media player/gaming console with controllers and an App Store. Given the fact that the console market is under transition with the PS4 and XBox One ready to launch (and the Wii lagging without an update), there hasn't been a better opportunity to disrupt the console gaming market in years. And Apple...
There have been many studies done on iOS and Android customers. This is just another one that verifies the opinion that Android buyers, by in large, are very poor customers. They are cheap, basically. They prefer free apps to purchased ones and don't respond to in-app purchases nearly as well. And they pirate apps like nobody's business. And now we find that even with targeted ads, they are poor customers there too. There was an article on CNet today blasting Nike...