or Connect

Posts by Sevenfeet

I am the happy owner of two gen 1 Nests first acquired in January 2012, so yes I was an early adopter. Have they been problem free? No. One had a hardware failure and went back early on. The other one got confused and went off line for a couple of days and then somehow cleared itself. Nest insisted on taking it back anyway so they could study it. Consumer electronics break...that's the name of the game. But average companies separate themselves from the good or...
My grandmother grew azaleas for nearly 40 years at her home in Opelika, AL...which is the neighboring town to Auburn where Tim Cook went to college.  The flowers are quite popular in that part of the country.   Interesting...
Apple and specifically Tim Cook has always said that it's better to cannibalize yourself than have someone else do it.  Get a grip, people.
One thing about this release is that it's a lot faster spooling up the content lists and art if you are using the Home Sharing. If you have a large library, it used to take several seconds for the Apple TV to bring up the content lists of Music, Movies or TV Shows. Now it's a lot faster and that makes it much more usable as a feature. My iOS 6 devices in my house (iPhone 4 and iPhone 5) still take forever to spool up the list for my Home Sharing content. I'm hoping...
Overall performance is pretty nice so far.  I've tried a five year old MacBook Pro running ML, a one week old HP laptop running Windows 8, an 18 month old Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 Pro and lastly, my home server which is an ancient Dell Poweredge 2800 running Windows Server 2008 R2.  Despite running Xeons, the Dell is not really faster compared to modern machines (even laptops).  But my 21,000 song library, movie and TV library is all on it.  So far, performance...
  That's the same bug I saw.  I've also seen the bug on my iPhone in the iTunes Store app so I gather this is a server side problem (and not iTunes per se) that I'm sure that Apple has identified and are trying to fix right now.  I work in support for a larger enterprise software company so I imagine that some people like me are on a conference call right now with some pretty peeved Apple engineers trying to work through the issue before it becomes widely reported as...
One more note:  I've seen the same glitch of the interface returning what is clearly a data element title instead of what the user should see on my iPhone as well in the App Store app, specifically with the Updates icon.  Oddly, it just cleared itself up while I was typing.  Very very strange.   Since this just happened on my iPhone, I'm guessing this is a server side bug.
Observations:   Cover Flow does seem to be gone but a version of it lives in the iTunes Store.  Strange that you cannot control it with gestures, only mouse clicks.   The ability to have multiple iTunes windows open appears to be gone.  This is especially troublesome if you had a large library or were managing lots of playlists.   The UI overall is quite pleasant.  Response times seem to be speedy enough, even on the five year old MacBook Pro I tried it...
  News flash:  in order to be in senior management of most dynamic companies like Apple, you have to have a strong personality.  You have to have strong opinions and a certain amount of overall leadership ability to rally people to want to work for you and execute your ideas.  It's not that Scott Forstall is a jerk...there's probably plenty of them at Apple and other companies.  It's the fact that he played the political game poorly over time.  At the Sr. VP level at...