or Connect

Posts by Sevenfeet

One more note:  I've seen the same glitch of the interface returning what is clearly a data element title instead of what the user should see on my iPhone as well in the App Store app, specifically with the Updates icon.  Oddly, it just cleared itself up while I was typing.  Very very strange.   Since this just happened on my iPhone, I'm guessing this is a server side bug.
Observations:   Cover Flow does seem to be gone but a version of it lives in the iTunes Store.  Strange that you cannot control it with gestures, only mouse clicks.   The ability to have multiple iTunes windows open appears to be gone.  This is especially troublesome if you had a large library or were managing lots of playlists.   The UI overall is quite pleasant.  Response times seem to be speedy enough, even on the five year old MacBook Pro I tried it...
  News flash:  in order to be in senior management of most dynamic companies like Apple, you have to have a strong personality.  You have to have strong opinions and a certain amount of overall leadership ability to rally people to want to work for you and execute your ideas.  It's not that Scott Forstall is a jerk...there's probably plenty of them at Apple and other companies.  It's the fact that he played the political game poorly over time.  At the Sr. VP level at...
  It was just too early for that.  The chip set is brand new and I doubt that the power requirements are really good in generation 1.  Also, if Apple calls and wants your chipset, you have to be able to produce millions in a heartbeat.  The 802.11ac routers out there now are being produced in the hundreds and thousands.  There also isn't huge shift from PC manufacturers to use "ac" either...probably not until 2013.   Yes, Apple pioneered 802.11b 12 years ago but these...
Have you ever actually used micro-USB?  Every time I plug the thing in, I have to stop, check the orientation, and then try to insert the thing...sometimes not getting it right on the first try.  The whole point of the new connector was ease of use, and multiple applications.  So you can do USB...or analog audio, or HDMI or whatever comes down the pike.
This is certainly faster than Siri, mainly for the fact that it relies on Google's liquid fast search engine. It's also pretty good (but not flawless at speech recognition). But where Siri is still better is understanding context and relationships. In fact, that was the whole point of Siri and what set it apart from any other similar technology. Siri also understands context over multiple queries, not just one question, which is also important. Still, if I'm Eddie...
If I had to guess, the whole Maps things didn't help Forstall's position in executive management. There may have been other reasons. He's not just being fired though since he'll be around in an advisor role for a little while. What will be interesting is where he will show up again. He probably wants to run his own company and that may not have been in the future with the Cook era underway. Well, at least we now know why he wasn't at the recent product...
I have to give Microsoft some credit for at least coming up with a design that most reviewers are showing has lots of potential and maybe even some features both Apple and Google could learn from.  But comments like calling the iPad a "recreational" tablet is rich coming from a company that is nearly six years late on the modern mobile movement.  I think it's fair to say that Apple wasn't looking at the enterprise market closely when the iPad was first introduced.  But...
So a shared stream's pictures can all be saved to a common iPhoto library?  Does this really solve the family iOS devices problem with iPhoto?
  My household has a video library of about 600 titles residing on a Drobo attached to a Mac Mini (2009).  I must not be living right. :-(