or Connect

Posts by danvid36

Installed it and it runs pretty good here...
That was pretty funny. Some people here need to get a friggin' sense of humor_I love Apple but come on that was just a satire in good fun!
8870 in GB? I just got an 11710 in my machine from my sig...QC Xeons are very underrated! "Platform: Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) Compiler: GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5490) Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6.5 (Build 10H574) Model: Empire1,1 Motherboard: Apple Computer, Inc. Mac-F4208DC8 PCB Version Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU @ 2.66GHz Processor ID: GenuineIntel Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 5 Logical Processors: 8 Physical Processors: 2 Processor...
Mmemtest is a tool that tests your RAM, which is most likely failing.http://www.memtestosx.org/joomla/index.php
Memtest is your friend.
The only thing that did not work otb was the dual GB ethernet. I bought a GB Realtek pci card that worked straight out. For the install I used the MyiHack disc, just make sure that there isn't anything else in your extra folder that isn't on the iHack disc extra folder itself, otherwise it won't boot the first time after you install Chameleon. Basically install Chameleon, go back to your hard drive, delete the Extra folder and copy and paste the entire Extra folder from...
Thanks man. I built this thing for around 2200 and it has lots of room to expand in the future. Server boards are super reliable. My next step will be a BD-R drive to burn all those mt2s files and watch them on my 50" TV...
Yes, but the M-Audio driver does not work with Intel Macs or Hackintoshes. That's why I provided the link to the open source driver. They are great cards!
Look at my signature. You are better off buying a real sound card like what I have. There are free source osx86 drivers available for it from http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/ and it works great_or you can always buy a cheap USB audio card for about 3 bucks from eBay.
I am here because this is still a free country and I happen to run OS X and I also own several Apple products. And you?