or Connect

Posts by probably

They use their acquisitions quickly. Very quickly. The individuals they bought away from Fingerworks, as far as any known information is concerned (date of buyout/fingerworks website closing/known beginnings of iPhone+Multi-Touch development), began working their asses off immediately. On a less hardcore note - does anyone remember downloading that neat app that turned your iTunes library into a slick, rendered jukebox that allowed you to flip through album covers...whose...
:barf:
AT&T received iTunes revenue shares for at least some duration surrounding the original iPhone. A cut doesn't have to be a full penny of a song.And it's pretty obvious that the no-MMS is a subversive Jobs move. I don't know why anyone thinks that it's not allowed, that Apple left it out because of scheduling, or that they're ever going to get around to it. The point of this phone, and next, with Android, is to make sure it's inevitable that carriers become pipes and...
Does anyone know how this came to be? The 8-core HP workstation I tried to hone down and customize on their website came out to $4000 when I added the same 5400 Harpertown ~2.8GHz procs and 2GB of memory -- but it comes with an 80GB drive, a PS/2 mouse/keyboard and a DVD-ROM. Where did this crazy price advantage come from?
It's just disturbing to me that all the largest and most impressive factors happened within half a decade.
I don't understand the iPhone nano thing's logistics. It would have to be a completely crippled version for that to make any sense. iPhone is a defined platform. The size of the screen is crucial to the way it feels and operates. iPhone developers are not going to suddenly be obliged to create another variant of their app with a different device, feel and specs. And what we have now with the App Store doesn't even scale yet. Our phones are still pretty rocky until the...
Why don't I remember this situation ever happening if they've been doing the whole super conservative/irrelevant guidance shtick for 8 quarters now.
This is what really concerned me and no one has given me information to indicate this isn't what happened: The lead story and EPS avg that every subsequent story cited was Bloomberg's internal consensus of 1.24. If any of you had been reading AppleInsider today, the most generous EPS estimate available today or late yesterday was 1.20 (by the Bull Cross, not a juggernaut player, contributor from today). The most generous from the older school of Apple analysts was 1.10...
You guys are losing talking about SJ health. The lead story and EPS avg that every subsequent story cited was Bloomberg's internal consensus of 1.24. If any of you had been reading AppleInsider today, the most generous EPS estimate available today or late yesterday was 1.20 (by the Bull Cross, not a juggernaut player, contributor from today). The most generous from the older school of Apple analysts was 1.10 (Shaw Wu) What was the figure they supposedly didn't meet with...
Where did Bloomberg's 1.24 EPS figure exist before the report?