or Connect

Posts by mesomorphicman

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the alarms work on the iPod and iPhone even if the volume is turned down completely - could swear it does mine. not to discount your emotions, but "infuriating" seems a bit dramatic and an exageration. Annoying or frustrating, but to infuriate is to make extremely angry to the level of near or at violence. (sorry, just me nit-picking)
Ha! I thought the same. Impossible to take a photo of himself if he's holding a book with the arm he'd need to take a photo.
One persons experince: my friends wife who is an avid reader, but doesn't own a kindle - my friend showed her the iPad demo video and she fell in love with it. Now he's saving up to buy her a 3G one for Mothers Day. She doesn't want a Kindle. I would imagine there are a lot of people out there who don't own a Kindle (and some who do) who after seeing the iPad want one. And why wouldn't they? For basically the same price as the b/w Kindle DX you can get a full color...
Have you ever used those credit card signing 'things' in a store, your signature never looks like it does on paper - always looks like chicken scratches - at least mine does. Using an electronic pen to write on a tablet seems like it would be difficult and not work properly, plus will it look exactly like you write it with the pen or will the character recognition be some superior software? Lastly, the video demos are not normal customer use situations and really only show...
Guess I'm in the minority since I only use the full site version of AI. For the reasons mentioned, because the mobile site is limiting and not the full experience. Well, if I misunderstood someone was using the mobile AI then my apologies, but if you use the full site AI you can view the videos on iPhone and iPad, etc. Still nothing ironic about it.
Uhhh.... they are YouTube videos and they do work on the iPhone. I just watched one on my iPhone - just clicked on it and it opened in the iPhone YouTube app. So, either you don't know how to use an iPhone, you don't have an iPhone and just looking to be a negative smart-azz, or you're... well, you can guess. So... uhhh... the videos can be viewed on an iPhone and iPad, nothing ironic about it.Now, back to the sensible comments...
Seriously? You went scrounging around on every page on their site to find one - ONE - page with Flash on it?! One out of probably 30-50+ pages? Yes, that page has Flash, but it's a buried secondary page that is not critical to using their site or services. As the CTO said, in the future they will explore HTML5 in the future to create and re-create Flash on the site.Did you even read the article, this VERY MUCH conected to Apple, Virgin is doing this to make their site more...
Here's a well done video player done completely in HTML5 - works in your iPhone or iPod touch nicely. It has all your normal Flash type controls and believe it goes full-screen (on my phone, so can't test that now). Give it a look. And this is just the very beginning HTML5 will get better, more versatile, and fancy in time. http://jilion.com/sublime/videoA tech savvy person can now download Flash files from Firefox and others and copy them or bring into a video editor and...
One question - where are all the Palm fans? Last year a lot of people were on here telling how Apple's days were numbered and the Pre was going to revolutionize the smart phone market, saying the PalmOS was superior to the iPhone... ::chirp chirp:: think I hear crickets. The Palm UI may be GREAT, but what good does it do if the common user doesn't buy the phone? I'm no mobile tech know it all, but Palm messed up in these ways: 1) horrible marketing - those commercials...
Read quote below...Canada is not "overseas," but it is a foreign country. I read that to mean Canada will get the iPad in a timely manner in various brick-and-mortar stores that are already working with Apple.