or Connect

Posts by mesomorphicman

Rather disgraceful it took 10 people to kill themselves to get a 20% raise, talk about greed!! The raise is nice, but I would guess it's not all about money it's also about overtime, pressure to produce quickly and management. Apple, Dell, Sony and others need to pressure them to change their management style also and hours workers are forced to work. Too much pressure and bad working conditions on anyone even if making more money can make one snap (e.g. U.S. postal...
I agree with both. I imagine MSFT will get carriers to do the same as BlackBerry and many Android phones - buy one get one free. And doing so skewing their numbers. Also, as stated the iPhone is on one piece of hardware while WM7 will be on multiple carriers and launching globally I'm sure, so you can't compare sales numbers.
Curious to see if this means the iPhone is going to Verizon and AT&T is trying to keep folks from jumping ship without paying for it in a major way.If VZ does get it not sure if I'll switch - party depends if they by some way they can allow calling and internet/email use at the same time, but mostly the coverage in the Bay Area.
I agree 100%! back to WWDC talk...
After watching the video, what in her demeanor makes you think she was not nice to the store manager or any store employee? Based off the video I can only give her the benefit of the doubt that she was nice to the employee, she seems like a relatively nice lady before and after receiving the iPad. Do not project your possible way of acting or stereotypes or assumptions of others into this story. After living in the Bay Area for a while I've realized many people here are...
A man of color? I hate that term "people (person) of color," what does that mean? Unless someone is transparent, we are all people of color - white is a color, too (and there are many shades of white as with all the various shades of brown and tan (etc.) that cover the globe)!! Sorry, to get off topic here.As for her iPad story - not a big deal story to me, but she seems like a nice lady, so good for her. It was a foolish policy to begin with.
I like Apple, but to me this is good news - competition is good for everyone. This will hopefully push Apple to put more money and development into Apple TV and stop them from being lazy with it and move it out of "hobby" status. Welcome, Google.
To be accurate, most mp3 players do have 1.3-2 mp cams, but there are some that do have higher mp's (5mp or more). Isn't that what makes Apple great, they don't do what other do or bow to the standards of others, they are known to raise the bar and offer more - forcing companies to rise to their level. Again, I don't think anyone would complain about carrying a device 0.20" thicker than the current model if that new model offers more.WOW!!!!! Thanks for completely bashing...
I disagree, to me - I don't think making it a a tenth of an inch thicker or whatever is needed would be a negative to consumers. Maybe Jobs would balk at it, but wouldn't people gladly accept a very slightly thicker iPod touch if it gives them a 5mp higher quality camera and hopefully with video recording? Personally I think if they release a 2mp camera that would turn off most consumers (geeks and avg guy/gal) because most people know about megapixels having purchased...
Sad thing is to me even if it is a 2009 prototype - 2mp would have been still sad and horrible last year, too. 2mp has not been acceptable for 2-3 years now (to me). There is no rationalization for offering such a low quality device in 09 or 2010. I hope this is wrong. Heck, my piece of junk Samsung clam-shell phone in 2004 had a 2mp cam, so this will be inexcusable if true.