or Connect

Posts by mesomorphicman

Could be wrong, but I've been to China a few times and when I had my iPod touch none of my friends saw or heard of it before. I think it was only available in Taiwan & Hong Kong, but not mainland.Now you can get the touch and iPhone in mainland. They are both on Apple's China website:http://www.apple.com.cnMaybe someone has more info, beyond my 0.02 cents.
Boring lazy Saturday afternoon, so here is my .02ยข ... iPod Classic = slight updates (doubtful camera), discontinued next year. if they add a camera it would suggest they are keeping the Classic around a few more years, otherwise why waste the development money/time to only cancel the line next year? Shuffle = maybe more colors, but no major changes - they ruined it with last years updates (my opinion, it should be discontinued) iPod Nano = different colors, maybe a...
I have a friend in Shenzhen (South China) and she bought a mobile phone that would cost about $550 USD. Someone stole it from her purse. Another friend in Shenzhen recently purchased a condo for about $1200 USD per month. Now, these are only 2 in over 1 billion, but using them to say... the middle-class in China is growing extremely fast and a lot of people have expendable money these days. I've been there, they are building A LOT of really nice and apartment/condo...
I was in China this summer; Beijing and Shandong, and on tv they advertise 3G phones quite a bit, so they definitely have it. It's fairly new technology and I believe it's mostly in city areas, but it is definitely there. I can't speak on how much unlocked phones cost, but I know when I showed my iPhone to friends they liked it. Another friend n Shenzhen (close to Hong Kong) wanted to buy one last year, but didn't want to deal with getting it from HK. Yes, some can get it...
I'll be the bad guy here... but I've been using Adobe software since Photoshop 3 (and Macromedia since 1999)... and NEVER paid for any of it. Just could never afford any of it, it's not priced for the regular person on a budget or has better things to put their money towards - like having a life and investing. $1800 for CS4?? Come on now, really, I can't afford that and refuse to believe it cost even half that to engineer, produce, and market!! Adobe is being greedy and...
I was a lot younger then and you seem to know more than me on some levels, so I give in to your knowledge. But I feel my initial point is still valid, to me - no one else has to agree, without Jobs Apple slowly stalled and almost went bankrupt. They were stagnant and didn't really grow, just played to satisfy it's niche buyers but seldom pulled in converts. I remember a lot of people were saying they may be sold or go under. They didn't bring Jobs back because things were...
I agree to some extent, but when he was kicked out in the 90's Apple almost went bankrupt. The stock was down to chump change, people were saying it was over for Apple. Then Jobs returned, they very soon after started making money and turned profitable again. Now with a stock price well over $150, hard to believe in just 1999 or so it was in the teens ($18-20).Now people can argue this or that, but it is fact - with Jobs = success + innovation, without Jobs = failure,...
I would love to work for him: 1) it means you are one of the top people of your field, 2) means you are making good money, 3) I'd like to be driven and part of such innovation and quality products... would learn a lot.Once went there for lunch with a manger who knew someone who worked there, it was like walking in Shangri-La, the cafeteria alone was incredible. Several years later I interviewed at Apple, got a second interview and everything, but unfortunately (for me)...
Noting but my guess here, but I would imagine... they are tired of supporting an old system architecture and simply want PPC people to upgrade to a newer Intel computer. This is not unusual, MSFT doesn't support Win-95 or Win-98 (I don't think), even car & TV manufacturers after some years stop making parts for really old cars/TVs, etc. Eventually companies have to move on and it's not worth the investment and time to support something with such a small user-base.Sorry, no...
The $29 is ONLY applicable if you have an Intel Mac AND already have Leopard installed. If you are using Tiger OS and/or don't have an Intel Mac, you must pay $169 for Snow Leopard, it will NOT install on non-Intel Macs - they are trying to get old PPC users to upgrade to Intel systems. The $169 purchase includes Leopard, so it automatically upgrades your system to Leopard then upgrades to SL. I've read this on several sites, but here it is on Gizmodo:...