or Connect

Posts by emjay247

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!
I was able to fix the issue by using a different video card. The only problem was that it had a single dvi port and I eventually was going to need a new card that supported dual monitors. I found a local seller using Craigslist, but before I wanted to commit to the purchase, I thought it would be a good idea to make positively sure my old video card was not working. I swapped the video cards and booted it up. My previous inclination to believe the part is unusable was...
Problem Solved - It was the video card that stopped working at the same time that I added the second hard drive. Either it was a freak coincidence or I shorted it by not being grounded properly. A friend of mine had an old G4 350 mhz laying around that I was able to pull the video card from. I tested it in my G4 and viola! Video with no data loss at all. I still have to buy another video card to utilize both of my monitors, but at least I know now that it was...
Hi Everyone, I didn't see any other posts with this particular problem. I hope someone may have some helpful advice. I've got a G4 tower that was upgraded from the original 867 processor to a Sonnet 1.8. It has caused a few headaches because of the upgrade, but has been running well for about 2 years. The original HD went bad and was replaced with a WD 80GB along with the processor upgrade. I use the computer as a print server for an Epson 9800 and also...