or Connect

Posts by xamian

None at all. I have been accessing my Google Apps accounts via IMAP on both my iMac and my MBP. I've also got my iPhone that I've been using too...but no problems with any of them showing a counter, and shortly after reading the mail on one device it will clear the unread badge from the others. The only weirdness that I have really had has been the occasional blue dot not clearing unless I scroll down to the bottom of the message and back up.
I haven't had any trouble with this, and I have several Google Apps accounts that I use. In fact, I don't recall having any trouble with Mail showing a counter since I began using Mavericks.
  I'm in Erie, PA - crossroads of Interstates 90 and 79. 4th largest city in PA. It sucks here too. I switched to Straight Talk and have much, much better service for only $10 more than I was paying on Virgin Mobile. Found a nice iPhone 4 for less than $250 off ebay too.
  A.I. Artificial Intelligence. 
I personally find it difficult to believe that Boost would carry the iPhone. Similar to Virgin Mobile, the network is pure Sprint with no roaming. The coverage for most of the country is extremely spotty, unless you are in a larger city or along a major highway. Even then - having been with VM, I have had nothing but terrible coverage in one of the larger cities of PA at the crossroads of a couple major interstates.
Not necessarily true. There are areas just a few miles from me where people have no option for high-speed internet. It's not a matter of choosing to be behind the times, considering the cable company won't go out there and they're too far away to get DSL, but a matter of location. I won't even start discussing the limitations that satellite internet providers set...
Actually, I was approached by someone at another forum site with a 2010 MBP that falls within my price range. Thanks for the response, though.
I'm a poor college student who can't afford to upgrade to the latest & greatest. Currently I'm running my 2006 CoreDuo MacBook, but it's showing its age. I need to upgrade to something even slightly newer than this that can handle more RAM. I've been keeping an eye on ebay to get a gauge on the going rates of different models, but here's where I'm kinda torn... I can only afford $750 tops. That might even be stretching it just a touch. Anyways...the models I've been...
This is kind of a shame that WebOS seems to be in limboland. WebOS was actually fairly decent. While not remotely a competitor to Apple's mobile operating system, the user experience was fairly enjoyable. I personally liked the notification system of WebOS much better than that used by iOS.
REDMOND, Wash. – Oct. 5, 2011 – Statement from Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. “I want to express my deepest condolences at the passing of Steve Jobs, one of the founders of our industry and a true visionary. My heart goes out to his family, everyone at Apple and everyone who has been touched by his work.”