or Connect

Posts by enzos

I have also had a Gmail account for the last seven years and had a small fraction of the spam (and spastic spam-filter) problems as with Yahoo and have never needed tech support.  Not a popular observation on an Apple-booster site, I'm sure, but there it is. The only way to make Yahoo look good is to compare it with the steaming pile of rancid dingo chunder that was Hotmail (RIP). 
Yahoo7 gave it for free with your service. Don't know if was also served from Oz but I remember Geocities as very stable. 
No, it was Marissa's doing. Says so on her blog. She's clueless about typography but insisted on doing it herself anyway.  She's sure easy on the optics but for what and the way she writes - and that hideous laugh - a bit of a nitwit.  --- So, tonight we unveiled the new Yahoo logo, concluding our 30 days of change. We hadn’t updated our logo in 18 years.  Our brand, as represented by the logo, has been valued at as much as ~$10 billion dollars.  So, while it was time...
Yahoo mail is, basically, buggered!   Had an email address with them since 1994 but I can't even use it now to send mail since the last "security overhaul". My address book has been hacked many times but that had nothing to do with passwords (it was a general breach) and that's better than the bloody thing being unusable.    -- Tech Support: Sorry that password has expired- you must register a new one. Me: Did someone discover that password and hack my...
On the contrary, what I said was all true. There's even a picture of Marissa up there ∆ riding one of the leftover giant donkey balls!
You people can't remember how god-awful Search was before Google came along: genius!  Yahoo sucked giant donkey balls then and still does but now in Google-copy sort of way. (The shame is Google couldn't stick to their strengths... )   The best thing Yahoo ever did was Geocities; everyone at Chez Enz (age 7 to me) had their own FREE! custom site updated with consumate ease (even by the 7 yr old) with the bloody amazing Claris Home Page 3. (Who said tech and software only...
The lens surface of the iP 5 is hard to smudge. It already has a coating.
Agreed! And how many people actually (ever!) print their phone photos?    No, it's the quality of the pixels that counts. A consumer-level half-frame SLR will take a beautifully detailed photo even at a 3 MP setting that will beat the socks off any phone photo taken at 48 MP (or whatever pointless and mythical number the sales-geeks come up with).   BTW: the point of having > 10 MP on an SLR is so the photo can be cropped by a factor of 4 or more (i.e. to a 3 MP frame)...
Not only am I seeing the 5c all over the place in malls and on the street in Oz, they seem to have become the default standard for professional women to use on new TV shows (like Rake and Janet King). Apple: masters of free advertising. 
Indeed! In other breaking news "Tech Press talk a load of crap about Apple!"   And as if they're going to worry about the Flagship outselling the support fleet. Too funny!   In my observation, though, the 5c is selling well to a certain non-geek market of ordinary folks who like the look, the colors, the design, reliability and Apple quality. Adding and promoting an 8 GB model for Asia (especially) makes perfect sense.