or Connect

Posts by enzos

> help it stand apart from the crowd <   What crowd?
Fascinating. People have been trying very hard for a non-invasive glucose monitoring since the 1970s. Apple doing scientific research? This would be HUGE if it works. Check this out http://www.google.com/patents/US8606342 a California company patent purporting to have an answer combining multi-wavelength near infra-red spec readings and some serious matrix computations. A pulse and active pulse spectraphotometry system comprises a light source adapted to illuminate a...
FYI, the minimum wage in Oz ($18) is about twice what it is in the USA, so $22 isn't that much above the floor. As pointed out by others though, it's more interesting and less strenuous than the usual low wage job and they get a lot of retail- and technical training along the way. They look a fairly happy crew in the picture! 
Citing multiple anonymous sources. What a joke!   A hit piece and probably bogus. Moving right along...
The Mac Pro is a sublime piece of kit, showing Apple is miles ahead of the non-existent competitors in this space. 
Like I've been saying all along: I'm seeing lots of 5c's in the wild in the hands of young women and in particular young east asian women (I live in a touristy area in Oz). Which is most likely just the demographic Apple was going after. People who want a well-designed easy-to-use reliable device that takes good selfies and doesn't look intimidating or geeky-gizmo fugly.    Cheers for the analysis, Dan! Funny how hundreds of millions lost can look better than billions in...
I have also had a Gmail account for the last seven years and had a small fraction of the spam (and spastic spam-filter) problems as with Yahoo and have never needed tech support.  Not a popular observation on an Apple-booster site, I'm sure, but there it is. The only way to make Yahoo look good is to compare it with the steaming pile of rancid dingo chunder that was Hotmail (RIP). 
Yahoo7 gave it for free with your service. Don't know if was also served from Oz but I remember Geocities as very stable. 
No, it was Marissa's doing. Says so on her blog. She's clueless about typography but insisted on doing it herself anyway.  She's sure easy on the optics but for what and the way she writes - and that hideous laugh - a bit of a nitwit.  --- So, tonight we unveiled the new Yahoo logo, concluding our 30 days of change. We hadn’t updated our logo in 18 years.  Our brand, as represented by the logo, has been valued at as much as ~$10 billion dollars.  So, while it was time...
Yahoo mail is, basically, buggered!   Had an email address with them since 1994 but I can't even use it now to send mail since the last "security overhaul". My address book has been hacked many times but that had nothing to do with passwords (it was a general breach) and that's better than the bloody thing being unusable.    -- Tech Support: Sorry that password has expired- you must register a new one. Me: Did someone discover that password and hack my...