or Connect

Posts by enzos

Yes, indeed, Kodak - in spite of being founded in film - were well ahead of the digital game through the late 1990s and produced some excellent cameras in the first half of the noughties. What happened I do not know but I'm guessing it was a decision to go down-market (nixing Schneider-Kreuznach lenses, dual-lens tech, etc.) that stuffed them. A great and innovative American company, a great pity to see its demise.
> Android is growing at >5% and Apple is just over 1% < Of Smartphone share, which is itself increasing. Thus, contrary to first impressions, it's ominous for the opposition that Apple's share of the total US cellphone market gained ca. 19% (1.3/7 x 100%) in just 3 months, which compounds to 97% per year ((1 + 1.3/7)^4 x 100%)). Whereas the others are stagnant or going backwards. = BLOODBATH!
Well said! In other news, journo on Apple-flavored tech site promotes Apple against Android. Sprockkets has 11 ad hominem posts out of 57 covering 2hours... doesn't that seem a tad obsessive?
What sort of crazy language is this: Is pudding a code-word for precedent? Hint: proof means test and the expression is "the proof of the pudding is in the eating" (Ye olde advice to let the dog/servant have a nibble first you risk some yourself)
Yes indeed. It's all in the graphs for the reader to see. The whiners are neither specific nor compelling so I can't see where the bile is coming from. Possibly it's a couple of Roughly Drafted commenters who got themselves another arsehole cut by Dan in the RD blog. And does it really matter? Some people take themselves way too seriously. New Year's cheers
Did we really need the woodgrain ;-) Cheers
You dream about saving $25 !?
Yeah, NTSC is a bit of a joke too compared to PAL but that's the price for being first. It will all get sorted in the long run.
Sorry for you guys but he's no longer Australian (yeah for us!) he's American, carries a USA passport, no longer has an Aussie one. OK?
Not here but I posted quite early at MDN that 10.6.5 had measurably accelerated my MBP for application opening, start-up, iPhoto responsiveness, and now I've tested it, Aperture 3.1 now opens in just a couple of seconds! This is the biggest increase in snappiness I've had from a simple point update. Well done Apple!