or Connect

Posts by enzos

That it is. However, it is not well appreciated just how toxic "third-hand smoke" really is.. >Particulate matter from tobacco smoke has been proven toxic. According to the National Toxicology Program, these 250 poisonous gases, chemicals, and metals include hydrogen cyanide, carbon monoxide, butane, ammonia, toluene (found in paint thinners), arsenic, lead, chromium (used to make steel), cadmium (used to make batteries), and polonium-210 (highly radioactive carcinogen)....
I'm right with you there! Horses for courses; the Macbook is not intended for the geek or the pro user. They'll prob sell a motza to the school sector with educ. discounts, etc..
So why are you here, Mr Butt? Catch-22.. title of a novel by Joseph Heller (1961), in which the main character feigns madness in order to avoid dangerous combat missions, but his desire to avoid them is taken to prove his sanity. Cheers
Used to use Super Duper, now use Carbon Copy onto a SATA disk with a partition for each computer I work with. Both work as advertised - no worries. And I also backup all work files, settings, etc. weekly to mobileme just in case there's a tsunami or whatever. Upgrading without backing up is not very wise.
On the contrary, governments can and do run health programs effectively. In most of the *civilized* world, governments guarantee essential healthcare and do so for a small fraction of the per GDP cost that the for-profit private system in the USA can manage. Moreover, it's not just a matter of cost, it's also a matter of quality: people who live under universal healthcare systems live longer than Americans do (look up the WHO tables) and it is widely recognized that life...
iTunes 9 has fixed a longstanding problem I've had with the old phatty Nano - unless there was about 30% free space, the calendar, notes and address-book didn't work properly (only a hundred addresses, only one calendar maybe, only a few notes..) Now ALL is working just fine. Love the changes in iTunes 9 .. everything seems faster, smoother, smarter and cleaner. Thanks Apple!
Not being there, I have no interest in American phone company profits but am constantly amazed at what shitty mobile service you folks put up with. Never had a "dropped call" problem anywhere in Australia or now in Fiji (which isn't even a first-world country). And paying for people to text you is simply beyond ludicrous. You lot need to complain LOUDER!
Agreed, a camera is new capability whereas an OLED screen would be merely an incremental improvement (what! are we competing against Microstupid Zune now?). I guess the little hole is for the mic. With 64 GB storage I'd buy it! I have a full APS-format SLR kit for proper photography but need to replace the clapped out point-and-shoot for mug shots and happy snaps ... This little beauty would do the job just fine .. coupled maybe to a (3rd party) bluetooth flash. We've been...
No permissions repairs were found necessary after this update. I use Safari 4 almost exclusively because it responds and renders faster (on a university network) and is less fussy than Firefox (which I need to use for Typo3 web-site editing.. lame as Typo3 is.). On my setup (PPC + Tiger on a Windblows network) it has been capable and perfectly stable since 4.0.1. To those who wonder why Apple bothers: I think it is because Apple needs it as their Webkit development...
They did that with iMovie08 and you can still the howls of indignation echoing around to this day. Of course Apple was right in that case but just Imagine what is would be like for an everyday program like iTunes!